• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Worlds ITT - Who will win it?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win?

  • Someone else...

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
  • Poll closed .
Jun 22, 2009
10,644
2
0
Visit site
It isn't weak, most of teh big riders are riding, excluding a cpl spainards and aussies, and the truth is they don't have much chance (no one really does) against spartacus
 
Jun 16, 2009
759
0
0
www.oxygencycles.com
When someone can post a poll "Cancellara Vs Rest of the World" with a straight face, is it not surprising that most of the serious contenders have decided to stay at home?

At least the road race should be fun.
 
May 27, 2009
16
0
0
Visit site
badboyberty said:
When someone can post a poll "Cancellara Vs Rest of the World" with a straight face, is it not surprising that most of the serious contenders have decided to stay at home?

Maybe if the rest of the world took 1k pulls they might be able to beat Cancellara...
 
The Canc will take this, and take it by a big margin, probably close to the 1.30 he won it by in Salzburg in '06. The only way he loses is if he gets sick, even a crash can't stop him i expect.

My top five for the remaining places, in order. are:

1. Bradley Wiggins
2. Edvald Boasson Hagen (but he might conserve if he fancies his chances in the RR)
3. Tony Martin
4. Gustav Larsson (haven't seen too much of him this season)
5. Lars Boom (patriotism pick)
 
Jun 22, 2009
10,644
2
0
Visit site
Moondance said:
The Canc will take this, and take it by a big margin, probably close to the 1.30 he won it by in Salzburg in '06. The only way he loses is if he gets sick, even a crash can't stop him i expect.

My top five for the remaining places, in order. are:

1. Bradley Wiggins
2. Edvald Boasson Hagen (but he might conserve if he fancies his chances in the RR)
3. Tony Martin
4. Gustav Larsson (haven't seen too much of him this season)
5. Lars Boom (patriotism pick)

I pretty much agree with your post and predictions. Though I expect a strong showing by the defending champion, maybe 2nd place.
 
Jun 15, 2009
835
0
0
Visit site
Moondance said:
The Canc will take this, and take it by a big margin, probably close to the 1.30 he won it by in Salzburg in '06. The only way he loses is if he gets sick, even a crash can't stop him i expect.

My top five for the remaining places, in order. are:

1. Bradley Wiggins
2. Edvald Boasson Hagen (but he might conserve if he fancies his chances in the RR)
3. Tony Martin
4. Gustav Larsson (haven't seen too much of him this season)
5. Lars Boom (patriotism pick)

EBH won't take part in the TT with energy-conservation at the back of his mind. He'll be totally dedicated to the task in hand. According to the last bulletins (yesterday, in norwegian newspapers) he's in peak condition. I believe he'll take the silver, only beaten by Cancellara with a surprisingly narrow margin. Grabsch takes the bronze.
 
Jun 15, 2009
835
0
0
Visit site
Moondance said:
Everyone is expecting Grabsch to do something, but unless I got it completely wrong he hasn't been selected.


http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/getObject.asp?MenuId=MTI1NDk&ObjTypeCode=FILE&type=FILE&id=NTUwMzc&LangId=1

These are the preliminary selection lists posted on the UCI website, and unless i just can't see it, the only people Germany has submitted for the TT are Martin and Lang.

Strange, since Cancellara considers him as his foremost opponent. ( http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cancellara-wants-worlds-double-win );)
 
hektoren said:
Strange, since Cancellara considers him as his foremost opponent. ( http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cancellara-wants-worlds-double-win );)

Are you accusing the UCI of screwing something up? I cannot, in good concience, believe that.



;)

Still, even if he is racing, you could see in the U-23 race this morning that a big rouleur like Malori (who was pushing a pretty big gear) lost to a more dynamic guy like Bobridge.
 
Jun 15, 2009
835
0
0
Visit site
Moondance said:
Are you accusing the UCI of screwing something up? I cannot, in good concience, believe that.



;)

Still, even if he is racing, you could see in the U-23 race this morning that a big rouleur like Malori (who was pushing a pretty big gear) lost to a more dynamic guy like Bobridge.

I'm not accusing anybody of anything. I just point out an apparent contradiction. Wouldn't be the first time of a cockup by the UCI, though. :confused: Maybe the reigning champion is automatically qualified and isn't part of Germanys quota of riders, or something like that? I don't know. I just can't remember having read anywhere that he won't be there, and if Cancellara considers him as his toughest opponent....
If you check up on Grabsch's homepage and speak german, you'll see that he says, sep. 18th, that cutting short the Vuelta was just what the doctor ordered in lieu of the weather, that his preparations has been according to plan, that he feels good and has his goal in sight: as the reigning champ he wants a medal in TT.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Susan Westemeyer said:
Grabsch is there and will ride. Don't know why he isn't listed.

Susan

start lists..
http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/g...bjTypeCode=FILE&type=FILE&id=NTUxNDM&LangId=1

starts at 15.43 (i assume local cet)

pretty much only the last two groups worth worrying about

65y7us.jpg
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
as for a winner.. im going to put my missplaced national pride and beleive that brad can finally shake off cancellaras ghost and win.. im not sure its a pure fabian cancellara course..

and besides.. its far too easy to tip cancellara to win
 
Jul 7, 2009
484
0
0
Visit site
Anyone watching this? Still three and a half hour before it gets really interesting though.

Perfect conditions. No wind, dry surface, 21 degrees celsius.