• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Worlds predictions?

laura.weislo

Administrator
Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
The Track World Championships kick off tomorrow with the women's individual pursuit, 500m TT and men's team sprint and points races.

Will the Brits be able to dominate again? Or is there another country ready to step up and take all the glory away from them?

Who will win the women's pursuit? Houvenaghel? Roswell? Shanks? Van Dijk? Sereikaite? Or our dark horse Tara Whitten?

In the 500, can Anna Meares come back to dominate? Or will Pendleton steal the show? Simona Krupeckaite? The Cuban Lisandra Guerra? What about Willy Kanis?

Without Sir Chris Hoy, the British have lost a major weapon. Can Staff, Kenny and Crampton hold off the French?

It's an interesting year with the post-Beijing malaise and thin competition at the World Cups. It makes it hard to predict who will be going well.

Opinions?

A

Anonymous

it will be interesting.. i think we will find out first day, are we using the same bikes as the olympics or have they dropped down to a more standard bike while the new one gets build for 2012, etc etc..

i still think it will turn into a bit of a fight for silver for the other countries.. i see another bunch of gold heading our way.. even the young and less experienced riders on the british team are kicking ****...

my main hope though is that cavvy gets something out of the weekend... whats he doing, scratch race, and madison.. hmm... heres hoping.. hes deserves it after being let down last summer..

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
it will be interesting.. i think we will find out first day, are we using the same bikes as the olympics or have they dropped down to a more standard bike while the new one gets build for 2012, etc etc..

i still think it will turn into a bit of a fight for silver for the other countries.. i see another bunch of gold heading our way.. even the young and less experienced riders on the british team are kicking ****...

my main hope though is that cavvy gets something out of the weekend... whats he doing, scratch race, and madison.. hmm... heres hoping.. hes deserves it after being let down last summer..

Another poor day for GB, even with a younger team I too thought it would still be a GB gold rush, from an Australian point of view it looks promising for the future.

TRENDING THREADS