• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Worlds RR Team Selection

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Interesting to see that France think they are sending a nine man squad to the Worlds...(see cyclingnews headlines)

looking at the UCI world ranking they are loitering in 12th place and so it doesn't look as though they will get the full quota! (only top 10 nations do).

Granted there is still the clasica San Sebastian and Tour of Poland as counting events - but it don't look too good for them.

GB currently 8th stand a good chance of a full 9 man squad...:)

Jul 8, 2009
www.edwardgtalbot.com
ingsve said:
Even more surprising is that Norway is currently in 10th so if they don't get passed they too would get to send 9 riders...That would be a sight...

Wow, I wonder if there are too many hills for Hushovd? With a full complement of support, he could be a dark horse.

egtalbot said:
Wow, I wonder if there are too many hills for Hushovd? With a full complement of support, he could be a dark horse.

He's also said that if someone like EBH is in good shape he wouldn't mind riding to help him but Hushovds personal trainer thinks that if Hushovd isn't in shape himself there is no benefit for him to ride at all.

At any rate I think the course should be a little to hard for Hushovd unless the assessments of the course so far are exagerated. I don't know if there are any norwegian riders who are good enough climbers to compete with the best in the world if the course is really though. If they do get 9 spots it's going o be interesting to see if any lesser known riders can make someone out of the opportunity.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Guys, the World Champs are being discussed on another thread already, and a lot of these points have already been mentioned, so pleasee use it.

Interesting points thought Andy, I hadn't noticed the French in all this