• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Worlds Team Time trial Race Thread

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
great to see this discipline back,pure art
and the route was great,in the future i think it can be a little bit longer though

cauberg really exploded some of the teams...bmc went way too hard there for phinney,they were flying

omega not really a suprise,totally deserved it.

SafeBet said:
Ballan was fully aware of everything too. He was doing the perfect pace until TJVG sprinted at the end of the Cauberg and dropped Phinney. Horrible choice. He lost the TTT there.

Orica third. Still very good job by Liquigas. Nibbles looked amazing.

did he? i didn't see liquigas going so i am being serious here :eek:

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
TheRossSeaParty said:
How does it work with wearing the rainbow jersey during the regular season? Does OPQS get to wear one everytime the team lines up for a TTT, or just the riders who competed at the WC?

There is no rainbow jersey. The team cars basically get a sticker to put on their car

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
did he? i didn't see liquigas going so i am being serious here :eek:

He looked very strong but also looked like a true leader. He kept track of his team to get them through the end. He has some great natural leadership qualities.

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
AntonioRossi said:
There is no rainbow jersey. The team cars basically get a sticker to put on their car
And every OPQS rider gets to wear some sort of insignia for the coming year. Indeed no jerseys, though, much to the lament of Lefevere.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Armchair cyclist said:
No: there is a logo of some kind that OPQ wear on their jersey for all races next year. All OPQ riders, including any they sign for next season, but only OPQ, so any of today's winning squad who leave don't get to wear it.

Good, it would really suck if all they got was a sticker to put on the car.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
hrotha said:
Why? This is a bit of a silly race after all. A sticker is enough. An insignia is pushing it IMO. A jersey would have been laughable.

IMO just putting a sticker on the car to signify that the team was the world TTT champions would not have been enough. I agree a jersey would have been too much. I'll have to wait until I see the insignia until I form an opinion on it, but it's better than just a sticker.

The winning teams of the Men’s and Women’s events will be authorised to include a distinctive symbol on the riders’ clothing and the various media used by the team starting the beginning of the following season until the end of the season

This distinctive sign must be submitted and validated by the PCC and the UCI Management Committee. It will subsequently be communicated to teams.
10 characters

El Pistolero said:
Silly race that is harder than most other races.
Ah, so now this is a race that deserves a lot of prestige. I see.

Is it because OPQS won? No, it can't be ;)

Kwibus said:
Definately, but somehow it doesn't really work that way.

A guy like Langeveld has won quite a few TTT's or top3 while individually he's nothing but mediocre. There are more examples like Langeveld.
Liquigas is an example of a team that can do a great TTT with relatively mediocre riders. Vacansoleil is an example of the opposite.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Bexon30 said:
Would it be ridiculous if the bikes had a design on them during the next season during TTT.? Just a thought...?

Yeah, time trial bikes are quite expensive and to have 2 different TT bikes for everyone in the team is maybe pushing it. Because you'd also need a normal time trial bike for ITT.

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Yeah, time trial bikes are quite expensive and to have 2 different TT bikes for everyone in the team is maybe pushing it. Because you'd also need a normal time trial bike for ITT.

Car stickers it is then!! How many times are they likely to roll out in a TTT each year? 3/4? It's a decent discipline for me Rabobank made me laugh a little.
And if BMC had raced slightly more intelligently it could have had a different winner.

TRENDING THREADS