Worlds U23 & JNR Mens ITT. 17 Sep.

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So it looks like

Vorobyev vs Dennis for gold
Hansen vs Howson vs Zmorka vs Quaade vs Jungels for bronze

Great ride by the Ethiopian Grmay by the way.
This field is very international, I like it.

Jul 22, 2009
Looks to me like Hansen died a little on the last part, stopped putting time into the riders going before him

wirral said:
Short cut? Mechanical doping?
why do you think so? Vorobev has indicated a couple of times that he can deliver good results in a timetrial. He won Memorial Davide Fardelli last year and was 4th in Copenhagen - and today's course was much more suited to him. His result ist not that much of a surprise, it's just that Dennis' time was way below expectations

search said:
why do you think so? Vorobev has indicated a couple of times that he can deliver good results in a timetrial. He won Memorial Davide Fardelli last year and was 4th in Copenhagen - and today's course was much more suited to him. His result ist not that much of a surprise, it's just that Dennis' time was way below expectations
Look again at the average speed. over 80 km/h.

The timing dudes have fixed their error now.

Jan 11, 2010
search said:
Yeah, Dennis beat Howson by just a few seconds... that's not up to his usual standard. And, who knows, maybe he isn't Superman ;)

maltiv said:
Will be interesting to see how Oscar Svendsen rides. He recently measured a VO2 max of 97,5, which is the highest official VO2 max ever.
Woah, I expected him to do well, but surprised that he actually won! Particularly since he has a cold at the moment...Amazing talent for sure, could even be a potential GT contender in the future, although he's a bit heavy (75 kg, but really tall).

Unsurprisingly, Sky are already monitoring him and says that they're "very interested" in him for the future.

Jan 11, 2010
maltiv said:
Woah, I expected him to do well, but surprised that he actually won! Particularly since he has a cold at the moment...Amazing talent for sure, could even be a potential GT contender in the future, although he's a bit heavy (75 kg, but really tall).

Unsurprisingly, Sky are already monitoring him and says that they're "very interested" in him for the future.
75 kgs is too much for a GT rider.

Jan 11, 2010
maltiv said:
True, but it's only 3 kg's heavier than Wiggins. He's also taller.
Wiggins is something like 68 kgs.

Mr. VO2max looks a bit like Dombrowski, the difference being that the latter weighs about 10 kgs less.

ASK THE COMMUNITY