• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

worlds ugliest helmet

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Is it just me or do others think Rebellin's helmet sets a new standard for ugliness? It reminds me of those awful foam things people wore in the mid-80s.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Its up there but not the ugliest. The helmets used by Aqua Sapone when Cippo was on the team were uglier, it had three holes up front and due to my Spy vs Spy cartoon facination could only imagine it looked like the Spy's in Spy vs Spy :D

spy%20vs%20spy.bmp

Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Poor Ludo
Ludo is my favorite rider of recent vintage, but I'll never understand what was going on with that helmet. I have always assumed that he wanted some sort of protection from the sun on his neck, but I've never heard an explanation from him for the fashion faux pas (though if anyone should get a pass on being in style, it's the workman Ludo).

Dave

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Ugliest helmets ever were those LAS buckets with the top-mounted airscoop that Liquigas and Fassa Bortolo used to wear ... uuurk

Same ones as Cipo had to endure I think ...

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
Andy.G said:
Ugliest helmets ever were those LAS buckets with the top-mounted airscoop that Liquigas and Fassa Bortolo used to wear ... uuurk

Same ones as Cipo had to endure I think ...

Or as I like to call them, the LAS 'Alien Vagina'.