• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Worlds warm up poll

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Alejandro Alejandro...

• Let him burn in Hell!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't miss him, because he's serving his ban. Sure ' if ' he was there it would a nice addition to the race, but I don't miss him.
Once he's back I'll look at him the same was as I look at Vini/Basso etc. A little suspicious, but aslong as they don't get caught again and they animate races I'll be happy :)

Riders that get caught twice should never be able to return.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Valverde would have won, or at least podiumed if he had been at Geelong. Those are my feelings.
But yes, he is banned and did dope. That does not mean I don't miss him. Love to watch him race! :)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
But i learned long ago not to expect much from sports stars. With 1 or 2 exceptions every athlete ever caught pleads innocense until he cant no more. THe lengths they go to are incredible sometimes. Valverde is unfortunately doing the same. However he got a 2 year punishment while others get zilch. Im not saying he shouldnt get a sentence. Of course he should. And if the world was fairer he would get his 2 year sentence along with everyone else. But it does seem to me a bit crappy that the UCI is holding him up as a sign of success against doping, and he isnt allowed to race for 2 years, when the evidence points to so many others during this time slipping through the net.

Great comment Hitch. You are completely right. I don't like people who are hating on Valverde because everything was such a drama around his process. It is good that he got his ban now, but it should not be seen as a great achievement by the UCI.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
Valverde would have been a great addition to this race.
What are the feelings here?

Yeah, he would definitely spoil Freire's chances to win :D

As for the poll, I couldn't care less, but that's not in the option list