• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Worlds

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Carlo Bomans picks the belgian team's riders and he says he only selected riders for the RR who agreed without question to work 100% only for Gilbert and for no one else.

I'd say that is pretty wise. For sure there best hope is with Gilbert. I'd sooner give nuyens a free role then boonen.

May 17, 2009
Visit site
il_fiammingo said:
What to think about Kolobnev? Nobody is talking about him. He did an anonymous Vuelta, so no idea how his form is. But the last 2 WC's he really animated the race. The course should suit him.
He is anonymous most of the year every year, but 'just happens' to show up in super form at championships.

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Gilbert!!

Wow, I was going to sign on and blab about how I thought Phillippe Gilbert would be a favorite for Worlds Road - and I find that there are many like-minded individuals.

I picture him winning in a fashion like the last man to win the World's Road in Switzerland...

Who was?

A

Anonymous

oh god.. we are never going to hear the end of this from the aussies are we...

bobridge world u23 TT champion..

good ride, but theres a few round here and going to be telling us what a great future australian cycling has.. :D

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Everyone was pretty much where expected, other than Malori having rather large off day. Meh, he already won last year, he can be excused not winning this year.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:

good ride, but theres a few round here and going to be telling us what a great future australian cycling has.. :D

I'm sure we will hear it!! I do think Bobridge is a hell of a talent. He has been showing as a beast all year. Congrats to him.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
The 2012 worlds are in The Netherlands! \o/
AGR-course probably.
We're getting spoiled here:
2009 Worlds - Cyclo-cross
2009 Vuelta start
2010 Giro start
2010 Tour start
2011 Worlds - Track
2012 Worlds - Road (+ TTT)

woohoo!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
AGR-course probably.
2009 Vuelta start
2010 Giro start
2010 Tour start
2011 Worlds - Track

woohoo!

I need to move!!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
AGR-course probably.
2009 Vuelta start
2010 Giro start
2010 Tour start
2011 Worlds - Track

woohoo!

Great news! It was actually long due... 1998 was the last one?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Not AGR course, but Cauberg will definately be in. It will be interesting what the other hills will be

Cauberg is enough to make it a AGR course ;p
Probably Bemelerberg and Cauberg again.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
ak-zaaf said:
AGR-course probably.
2009 Vuelta start
2010 Giro start
2010 Tour start
2011 Worlds - Track

woohoo!

UCI plans changes to worlds program in 2012

The 2012 competition is set to begin with a trade team time trial, and throughout the week will also host the junior men's and women's road races and time trials, which have been held separately from the elite world championships for the past four years.

A

Anonymous

TRDean said:
I'm sure we will hear it!! I do think Bobridge is a hell of a talent. He has been showing as a beast all year. Congrats to him.

have i missed something.. is he on garmins books now..?

edit: ok ignore that, yes he is, signed in may.. doh

dimspace said:

dont need to just look at my past posts.....australian world champion u23 tt.....but wait theres still more to come..