• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Worried that...

May 26, 2009
Visit site
cromagnon said:
..we will soon get some bad news about Franco Pellizotti. I hope I am wrong.

Meh... it's a toss up who will or won't be caught. Not a single positive (or lack of one) would surprise me or shock me. I still respect the riders, they are still the heroes from when I was a teenager. It's just that nowadays I see the flipside of the coin.

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Franklin said:
Meh... it's a toss up who will or won't be caught. Not a single positive (or lack of one) would surprise me or shock me. I still respect the riders, they are still the heroes from when I was a teenager. It's just that nowadays I see the flipside of the coin.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Well this ones in the right place so I aint moving.

-

One thing he has in his favour is that he did hit up the back half of the field for a lot of tough stages.
Then again, he was in a breakaway every day in week 3....and almost took out Ventoux...
I've confused myself....

To quote many others, just sit back and wait - and look me in the eyes and say "I am surprised" without laughing if he is caught.
Hope not tho, he rode a very entertaining tour.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Franklin said:

ASO are definetly "covering up" some of the tests or leaving them for after the tour as it doesn't tarnish the image of the sport as much after the tour.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
ASO are definetly "covering up" some of the tests or leaving them for after the tour as it doesn't tarnish the image of the sport as much after the tour.

The AFLD were solely responsible for testing in 2008. This year it was both the AFLD and UCI. As the AFLD has not had a history of suppressing results, even to the detriment of the Tour, I doubt that ASO has any role in the testing and release of positive results.

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

Covering up doping cases in France is punishable of jail (til 7 years) and fines (150.000euros). I suppose in a such case big bribes would be paid to compensate a such high risk.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
tubularglue said:

Not in clinic and posted before I even registered but anyways he's the only guy that has ridden well in the Giro and Tour - Wiggo and Lance were arguably keeping their powder dry - and FP put in quite a few impressive rides.

It's not being strong it's improving a lot in a short space of time - "I've lost a lot of weight" is the usual smokescreen and/or genuine explanation.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
no worries, wasn't trying to trump the post.

- how a rider podiums at Giro, and quite literally rides in an exorbitant amount of breakaways during the tour. makes me wonder :eek: