• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Would Ricco have won the tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
franciep10 said:
If he wasn't caught, I think so.

Who gives a ****? I mean, really, everyone complains about people in the sport doping...but then want to play hypotheticals? The guy cheated, got caught. There was only one victory - that was for the sport. That's the one that not only actually happened, but also the only one that matters.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Sorry Greg you are correct I was thinking to myself what has been missing in the mountains so far in the Giro I know it's early but I don't want it to be like this for the rest of the mountain stages and I said to myself what's missing and I said Ricco and I always thought he could have won a grand tour but your right hypotheticals don't get us anywhere thanks for setting me straight.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
franciep10 said:
If he wasn't caught, I think so.

Yea, he had it in the bag. He would of also taken the Poka Dot Jersey. Then he'd of trash talked the whole time calling everyone donkey's and what not, agh the good old days...

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
There is no way he could have done a good enough TT to win. He's a mountain goat. so no he wouldn't have won it.
I agree with Greg's post 100%

Apr 25, 2009
Visit site
No, he'd have got dicked, he's definitely not a serious contender for a major GC. There are better climbers, much better time-triallers and he doesn't have the man strength for the duration.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Greg Johnson said:
Who gives a ****? I mean, really, everyone complains about people in the sport doping...but then want to play hypotheticals? The guy cheated, got caught. There was only one victory - that was for the sport. That's the one that not only actually happened, but also the only one that matters.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

The sport won but I do feel that all us lovers of this great sport lost, another young promising talent gone..

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
lookkg386 said:
The sport won but I do feel that all us lovers of this great sport lost, another young promising talent gone..

Here here! Especially a crass rider who stole the headlines to talk about racing and trash talking about racing. I'm not saying he was right but stole the headlines and got the sport some sporting attention, till thee inevitable but hey that's the way it went.

He was still exciting to watch and listen to, provided plenty of entertainment.

A

Anonymous

ElChingon said:
See YA! Don't let the door...

the guys a cheat, he wasnt even a very good cheat.. speculating over wether a cheat on dope could win the tour de france is to me a pointless conversation...

why not, if cadel did cera would he have won the tour, if rasmussen hadnt forgotten to tell people where he was would he have won the tour, theres enough problems with doping and everything else actually going on, without bringing up the idea of could a doper have won last years tdf..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS