• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wouter and Tondo

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I wonder why you make a difference between cyclists? On your front page you've written "R.I.P Wouter" for some time and nothing like that now that Tondo died. How come one rider is more important to remember than another? As a seriuos news leader within cycling you should treat them all the same. Give Tondo the same treatment! Or is he not worth it??

Quite honestly, I doubt there's anything unusual. I just think that CN hasn't really thought about it.

The masthead is often the most forgotten part of a news publishing website, because it's pretty much the only bit of the website that's not changing constantly. :)

Anyway you've posted your query in the right place! Let's see what they say. :)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I have just spoken with Dan via email: This discrepency on the site is recognised by the editorial team and is being addressed. Unfortunately a web administration issue means that Dan is unable to make a change to the site himself at the moment. It will be done as soon as that issue is sorted out.

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Believe me, we would all very happy if that were possible.

Susan

Hoping that people won't die, while all very nice, is simply ridiculous.

Cycling news regularly reports the deaths of cyclists - doing a quick search brings up over a thousand articles.

If you feel the need to commemorate people, why not just put up "R.I.P" without names and cover everybody, rather that specifically name some people (which infers that other people aren't worthy, and is basically an insult).

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
A dedicated RIP to the most recent seems fine, just time it out after about a month, will hit issues if there are more from time to time, then maybe a general RIP when there's more than one so the webmaster doesn't end up hating his job.

SlowBloke said:
Hoping that people won't die, while all very nice, is simply ridiculous.

Cycling news regularly reports the deaths of cyclists - doing a quick search brings up over a thousand articles.

If you feel the need to commemorate people, why not just put up "R.I.P" without names and cover everybody, rather that specifically name some people (which infers that other people aren't worthy, and is basically an insult).

I think there's a difference between hoping people won't die and hoping people won't die as ****ing early as those did.

Another good reason to bring DOATEC back. He updated the retired and dead threads within minutes of either occurring.

FREE DOATEC :D:D:D:D

(As a tribute I used his signature four smiley's, totally inappropriately like he would.)