• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

You know it's bad when....

May 13, 2009
Visit site
RightWingNutJob said:
Versus coverage of Bull Riding has been more exciting than the Tour de France.

There was a time when OLN showed the running of in bulls in Pamplona. Now THAT has certainly had drama this year. :eek:

Cobblestones said:
There was a time when OLN showed the running of in bulls in Pamplona. Now THAT has certainly had drama this year. :eek:

I remember that. That was pretty cool. I liked it when they showed things like the Eco Challenge, High Country Climber, and a show that featured classic hikes around the U.S. I think they may have showed the Raid Gauloises one year.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
OLN picks up the VS feed, but they also run a heck of a lot of episodes of Dog - Bounty Hunter (not something I thought fit with "outdoor life", but perhaps it is just me?)

frizzlefry said:
What happened with them covering the Running of the Bulls? Did PETA get after them or something.

What has this country come to when a man can no longer watch people being gored by raging, p!ssed off bulls in the privacy of his own home? I fear for this country's future. I really do.

Those shows would have been great with slo mo replays. Although I mostly remember the bulls sometimes losing their footing and sliding into some poor chumps rather than good man-horn action.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
What has this country come to when a man can no longer watch people being gored by raging, p!ssed off bulls in the privacy of his own home? I fear for this country's future. I really do.

Those shows would have been great with slo mo replays. Although I mostly remember the bulls sometimes losing their footing and sliding into some poor chumps rather than good man-horn action.

Well it sucks they quit covering it. They even had a couple of douchebags announcing it. It was going good and had the potential to become pretty big. The Dbags would even say that word, not sure what it is, in Spanish when they fire off the rocket to announce the bulls are coming. Quite silly, but entertaining.

180mmCrank said:
I must admit to channel hopping between the Formula One and the Tour today... and at one point I fell asleep (it was 5:30 am) - I feel like a traitor -Do I have to do penance or something?

Don't worry 180 i was doing exactly the same:D Great victory by Mark Webber. Shame they put on the wrong national anthem. Also 179mm crank i was also flicking between the cricket. Something you yanks don't understand:p

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
first test finished as a draw. tense last wicket stand between panesar and anderson held them off. ponting whining like a little b*tch. and they call us whinging poms. hilarious!

180mmCrank said:
I must admit to channel hopping between the Formula One and the Tour today... and at one point I fell asleep (it was 5:30 am) - I feel like a traitor -Do I have to do penance or something?

No. I frequently fall asleep in front of the Tour.

In fact I use old TdF DVDs to soothe myself to sleep after hard training rides. Come home, shower, eat loads, then on the sofa with a well known Tour year, and boom! Out like a light!