• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

You mess with Valverde and we'll mess with you

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
biker jk said:
Come on guys, Valverde is innocent, although I did get a worried look when he rode past and I yelled "Piti".

img1035l.jpg

Mr. T says, "I Piti the fool who thinks Valverde is innocent."

mr-t_bigger.jpg

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Anyway, what did you expect from an organization that two years ago faked Contador's TT time, clocking it a full minute slower than what it actually was, so that local boy Valverde could win the GC?

Sounds like something the Tour of California would do.

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Anyway, what did you expect from an organization that two years ago faked Contador's TT time, clocking it a full minute slower than what it actually was, so that local boy Valverde could win the GC?

Slightly recall that incident, although the way I remenber the story, they didn't get away with it.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
biker jk said:
Come on guys, Valverde is innocent, although I did get a worried look when he rode past and I yelled "Piti".

img1035l.jpg

Oh man, I would have loved to have done that. Actually, would have chased him for 100m screaming Piti Piti Piti like a spoilt child!!!

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Ha. no Spaniards in the Giro and no italians in the Vuelta great thinking after all its there national tour.

What about France???????????????

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Exactly. The spanish teams agreed on regulations with the RFEC and the ECP and the AOEC. But the organizers of those two races don't care. So the spanish teams are boycotting the races.

Here are the figures that explain the boycott from the blog of the cycling editor at El Mundo:

Original (in Spanish):
http://www.elmundo.es/blogs/deportes/escapa-dos/2010/02/05/pagan-los-corredores.html

Google translation:
http://translate.google.es/translat...0/02/05/pagan-los-corredores.html&sl=es&tl=en

Race organisers may be shooting on their own feet. :cool:

rhubroma said:
They won't, if they still have hopes that Contador will someday return to their Giro...

I don't see Contador returning to the Giro until the end of his Tour career when he might think he has a better chance of winning the Giro than the Tour. We can hope that he attempts the double, but it would be a large risk. It is much safer for him to do a few Tour-Vuelta doubles.

Andy Schleck needs to do the Giro again...

TRENDING THREADS