• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

You Might Hate Lance, But You Have To Love...

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
This photo I took on the last lap of the Nevada City Classic (and spent the last week editing to get perfect.

Lance%20Thumb.jpg

Craig

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
BigBoat said:
He has that... 'I'm JACKED like hell' look to him.

Perfect example - you can't just compliment the man on a brilliant photo, you have to drag dope into it. Pitiful.

Great shot chelmreich, worth the effort you put into it!

A

Anonymous

You agree and yet you bring in Lance's twitter about a story regarding Jaksche's assertion that a doper will win this year's tour. I swear that I have yet to see a single fanboy who understood irony. Not a single one.

Plus, the photo ain't that great. Sorry.

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:
You agree and yet you bring in Lance's twitter about a story regarding Jaksche's assertion that a doper will win this year's tour. I swear that I have yet to see a single fanboy who understood irony. Not a single one.

Pay not attention to the resident juvenile delinquent.

it's way better than any of the ones you took!

The difference between vacation photos and art.

I should not be surprised that you fancy yourself a art critic now too.

How many 12 year olds did you knock down to get Lances water bottle?

Thoughtforfood said:
Ahem.

That Lance tweet just supports my theory that Armstrong perceives the greatest enemy to cycling (and himself) is the doping exposer (or anyone who emphasizes how much doping is going on in cycling, like Jorg and CN in that article).

Lance is not the only one. I happened to be at a forum where Bob Roll was talking a few years ago when the whole Frankie Andreu thing blew up, and Bobke talked about it. He said, "I called Frankie and told him to STFU!".

The code of honor that guys like Lance and Bobke uphold is essentially, "Don't ask, don't tell". Break that code, and you're on the sh!t list, to say the least.

What does that infer about Armstrong's innocence with respect to doping?

Having said that, I hope he does well, and it would be great if he won.

"Don't ask, don't tell" is the best solution to doping in cycling. In other words, if you can get away with the doping without it being detected, that's fair. At least they have to minimize how much they do and how they do it in order to not get caught. The alternatives are not practical. They're not ever going to stop entirely doping, and allowing it without testing is untenable. I mean, that would be like Unamerican football (soccer), American football, rugby, tennis, baseball, swimming, triathletes, running ...

Thoughtforfood said:

The people who have no ironic sense are usually the ones with the worst critical judgment skills.

A

Anonymous

davestoller said:
Double agree.

As does Lance. WTF indeed.

http://twitter.com/lancearmstrong/status/2358462745

the tone and direction from CN which in the past has always been professional and balanced now has turned ugly, snarky, and biased.

sad

apart from the new format which I find unusable, I am finding other websties much more fun and informative

COME BACK CN!!!!!!!!!!

I know susan comes on here so I hope she's not to upset when I say I think that was lazy journalism and a cheap headline. It's almost tabloid.

It's no wonder he can't get hired if he has such an attitude. It's like he's admitting he can't ride clean because he still claims the field is dirty. It's almost an admission that he'd dope again.

If this guy actually knows something, like how they will do it and how to catch them he should say it. Otherwise STFU.

"Disgraced former pro says sport lends itself to doping"

Who cares?

jackhammer111 said:
I know susan comes on here so I hope she's not to upset when I say I think that was lazy journalism and a cheap headline. It's almost tabloid.

It's no wonder he can't get hired if he has such an attitude. It's like he's admitting he can't ride clean because he still claims the field is dirty. It's almost an admission that he'd dope again.

Who cares?

I don't think Susan will be the least bit concerned over your comment.

Cyclingnews choose to run JJ's comments on the back of Kohl's revelations.
Not rocket science to see their logical train of thought, unlike with some posters.

Amsterhammer said:
Perfect example - you can't just compliment the man on a brilliant photo, you have to drag dope into it. Pitiful.

Great shot chelmreich, worth the effort you put into it!

well said A/H Great bit of camera work and editing. Bigboat what forum did you frequent before you came here?

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Nice morality you have there.
"Better to have cheated and lost than not to have cheated at all."

Can't wait until he moves into politics.
That's a great slogan to run with.
I'm sure he'll work wonders with all those tax dollars.

I'd love to see it though...He'd be eaten alive very quickly. Look at how long he lasted on this forum. lance doesnt care about politics. He cares about money, and earnings. Wealth.

He's not a dummie but he's not a genius either.

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
BigBoat said:
I'd love to see it though...He'd be eaten alive very quickly. Look at how long he lasted on this forum. lance doesnt care about politics. He cares about money, and earnings. Wealth.

He's not a dummie but he's not a genius either.

Sounds like he would make a good politician if he cares about money, earnings, and wealth LOL. Just had to put in my 1.999999999999999999 cents worth.

A

Anonymous

jackhammer111 said:
Pay not attention to the resident juvenile delinquent.

it's way better than any of the ones you took!

The difference between vacation photos and art.

I should not be surprised that you fancy yourself a art critic now too.

How many 12 year olds did you knock down to get Lances water bottle?

Hey dumbass, I have been shooting art photography for well over 20 years.

Stick to what you know, being stupid.

TRENDING THREADS