• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your 10 favourite riders of all time

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
In no particular order;

Greg van Avermaet
Vincenzo Nibali
Fabian Cancellara
Jürgen Roelandts
Mathieu van der Poel
Gino Bartali
Michael Rasmussen
François Faber
Alberto Contador
Alexandre Vinokourov
Tom Dumoulin

I'm not that old so mostly modern riders though two of them made it based only on what I read about them in history. Also, two of them are guilty pleasures :p

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
1. Eric Vanderaerden
2. Phil Anderson
3. Mark Cavendish
4. Erik Breukink
5. Steve Bauer
6. Alexandre Vinokourov
7. John Degenkolb
8. Jan Ullrich
9. Peter Sagan
10. Erik Zabel

(Yes, I was a fan of Panasonic when I was Young... and I liked T-Mobile and HTC later)

Re: Re:

cellardoor said:
HelloDolly said:
Sean Kelly
Peter Sagan
Tom Boonen
Stephen Roche
Gregg Le Mond
Lauren Fignon
Roger de Vlaeminck
Alberto Contador
Bradley Wiggins
Robert MIllar

Come on....there must be someone from the 90s! :)

I did not watch cycling from 1993 to 2005 except a glance here and there .... I did not like cycling then ...and as it turned out these were the main EPO years

Nothing in GT racing compares to the 80s especially the 86, 89 & 87 tours for me (though I don't recall earlier times and I was a kid in the 80s)..but then the riders seemed to have bigger personailities, etc

Since coming back to cycling Contador, Sagan ,Wiggins , Boonen are the riders with the talent and the personalities

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Of the riders i have seen

Mayo
Koldo Gil
Purito
Casagrande
Pantani
Mancebo
Extebarria
Perdiguero
Garzelli
Pozzato

Honorable mention to Horner and Piepoli too

Re:

Sandy Casar
Pablo Lastras
Dario Frigo
Claus Michael Møller
Chris Horner
Leonard Piepoli
Denis Menchov
Oscar Camenzind
Tyler Hamilton
Frank Vandenbroucke

also Pantani, Kessiakoff, Fedrigo, Bugno, Breschel, van Huffel, Sevilla, etc. It's harder than the don't like list.

Top 3 in order, then no order. I've seen them all during their racing days:

1- Pantani
2- LeMond
3- Contador
Hinault
Merckx
Fignon
Bugno
Nibali
Johan Museeuw (Tom Simpson removed)
Indurain

Honorable mention:
Abdoujaparov -- the only sprinter to ever make my list, that guy was something else!!!!

EDIT: Damn there was Johan Museeuw!

TRENDING THREADS