• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your local weather

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
DSCN0293.JPG
:cool:

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Got about 6 inches of snow over the weekend. It's cold for the next 10 days so none of it will melt...

(wondering if they'll cut the cross country tracks in my area now....hope so)

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
24 degrees Celsius as at 23:30.

The top temp today was 33 deg C, sunny with a warm breeze.

Summer is on its way, at last and to my great pleasure.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Just on zero ... Freezing rain overnight and in the early hours of this morning means that the town is one big ice rink ...

Discretion became the better part of valour after watching the cars in the neighbourhood fish tailing around the streets - even if they were only going about 20km/h - so it was a case of running rather than riding to work today. Did see a couple of hardy souls on bikes - but they were taking it so easy that I swear I was running faster ... which is really saying something! ;)

Roll on the snow and some good fun snow bike commuting!!!! :)

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
Snowing. Freezing cold.
And it says something about the mad Danish mentallity that I still saw plently of people riding their bikes through the snow... :p
Too bad... could've been fun having the biking lanes all for myself...

Snow/ice doesn't faze them up here either. They just swap the tires out for spike tires and go. Most impressive are the iced over downhill off-camber turns I've witnessed. A "4 points of contact" technique is used with booth feet down thru the turn...hardly slows the good ones down! :D

Not my cup of tea though. I hang the bikes for the winter and get the skis out ;)

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
Snowing. Freezing cold.
And it says something about the mad Danish mentallity that I still saw plently of people riding their bikes through the snow... :p
Too bad... could've been fun having the biking lanes all for myself...

Something like this photo from Copenhagen Cycle Chic?

picture.php

This is the bike path over the road from where I live. It has been warmer than this in recent days though, and quite a lot busier on the beach and (annoyingly) the path.

picture.php

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
krebs303 said:
54.3 °F / 12.4 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 67%
Dew Point: 43 °F / 6 °C
Wind: 6.0 mph / 9.7 km/h / 2.7 m/s from the NW
DSCF3099.JPG

you have any pine nuts, pinyon pines, in your neighborhood? :D

in the fall, i used to see people picking these, when out riding

images

that landscape reminds me of Santa Fe.

curious

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
I know most would find this pleasant but I am cold. no money, no propane, no heat.
too lazy to go get money or propane. so I'm under the big quilt:eek:
51.1 °F / 10.6 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 42 °F / 6 °C
Wind: 10.0 mph / 16.1 km/h / 4.5 m/s from the WSW
I'm glad I'm not out fishing like these two guys
DSCF3113.JPG

krebs303 said:
I know most would find this pleasant but I am cold. no money, no propane, no heat.
too lazy to go get money or propane. so I'm under the big quilt:eek:
51.1 °F / 10.6 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 42 °F / 6 °C
Wind: 10.0 mph / 16.1 km/h / 4.5 m/s from the WSW
I'm glad I'm not out fishing like these two guys
DSCF3113.JPG

we don't live out this way because we like cold weather. :(

RedheadDane said:
Freezing! And I think I might've found one of the few things which can stop me from taking my bike. frozen lock!

Hang in there! I'm with ya. Only 3 more months until the thaw!

I envy the warmth by krebs303 and even the winds near redtreviso (though 10 mph pacelines really suck).

Here is has been 0-15 F / -17 to -9 C (overnight lows), 15-21 F / -9 to -6 C (daytime highs), there's nearly a foot of snow on the ground, and it's snowing right now. This is a little unseasonal for us, but not impossible as we seem to get one of these about every 5 years. The last memorable one it was -F daytime temperatures and I was jumpshooting ducks along the river with my black labs. They retrieved one duck out of the (brrrrrr) water and we'd keep moving down river. Well there was over a foot of snow on the ground, and being so cold when the dogs would look at me all I could see was their dark eyes, nose, and mouth hanging open gasping for air. Their black fur coats were completely covered with snow that had stuck to the wet fur - no black showing. Snow dogs!

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Saturday
Scattered Clouds. High: 59 °F / 15 °C . Wind WNW 6 mph / 10 km/h .

Saturday Night
Chance of Rain. Scattered Clouds. Low: 48 °F / 9 °C . Wind WNW 15 mph / 25 km/h . 30% chance of precipitation (water equivalent of 0.03 in / 0.75 mm).

TRENDING THREADS