• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your local weather

May 6, 2009
Visit site
As it says on the tin.

Right now on the Gold Coast, Queensland, it is 29.8 degrees and a humidity of 54%. It was in the mid-30's earlier today.

been raining steady for about 5 plus hours. gonna keep up for 5 or 6 days they
say. current temp on my balcony 59.7 Fahrenheit 71.6 one foot from here:D
from soggy bottom, southern cafe-lornia this is weather UTBF signing off,
until then....;)

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
weather

its been cold and rainy for weeks. it will continue to be cold and rainy for another couple months. averaging low forties during the day, Portland Oregon

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
A terribly mild winter this year. Too much snow for good road riding, too warm for good cross country skiing. The guys on the coast have it worse, hardly any snow where they're having the Olympic freestyle skiing and snowboarding events. Oh well, less to shovel.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
We're having a warm spell: -6C with highs around the -1C for the next week. Snow on the ground and the roads, so outside riding is difficult other than at a leisurely pace on the bike paths on the commuter. Warm weather actually sucks this time of year because it makes skating on the canal (8km long outside rink) difficult because of soft and chewed up ice. XC skiing is still OK though.

A

Anonymous

Balmy

It feels like Spring! 27F / -3C, freezing fog.

f051tc.jpg

Underinflated fat tires for over and through the snow. Studs for ice and hard packed icy snow. Today it could even be the road bike.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
DSCN0293.JPG

soggy california

You got our weather and we inherited yours. 58 degrees and gorgeous. Listened to "Young Man Blues" from Live at Leeds followed by "She seeks Sanctuary" going up a hill. It was really nice. Your weather will return soon.

Oldman said:
You got our weather and we inherited yours. 58 degrees and gorgeous. Listened to "Young Man Blues" from Live at Leeds followed by "She seeks Sanctuary" going up a hill. It was really nice. Your weather will return soon.

can you see the guy on the cruiser on the very bottom right. he was soaked.:)

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Weather in the UK has been lousy - lots of snow and ice and I just don't have the tyres for it (oh, yeah - and I don't much like falling off).
I'm in one of the driest, warmest parts of the Uk but our weather has been awful. One of my friends in Mid-Wales was snowed in for 9 days, so I can't moan too much. There's more snow forecast for them tomorrow as well.

Roll on spring (or a sudden massive windfall of cash so I can drop everything and go somewhere warm)

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
tornado warning and huge,huge rainstorm. and this is the small storm, they
say.:eek:

Brutha are you still on the map? Your weather looks apocalyptic! We have partial sun and 50+ and Whistler Mountain, up North; got over a foot of snow in the last couple of days.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
CentralCaliBike said:

I'm sorry to report, again; our weather has flipped with yours. I passed a readerboard sign at 58 degrees in Redmond, Wa. The sun was out and the Cascade and Olympic Mountains had fresh snow. Very pretty. I feel guilty but will be down in Norcal in a month and it better be back to normal. They've had a long drought and can use the rain.

TRENDING THREADS