• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your local weather

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 6, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
It snowed again all night, probably another six to eight inches. It is supposed to keep on snowing all weekend, and the police have basically told everyone to stay home. Airports are closed, trains are not running, buses are out of service and most autobahns are blocked.

Glad we decided to stay home for the holidays this year!

Susan

Move to Australia and you don't have to worry about the snow causing havoc!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
It snowed again all night, probably another six to eight inches. It is supposed to keep on snowing all weekend, and the police have basically told everyone to stay home. Airports are closed, trains are not running, buses are out of service and most autobahns are blocked.

Glad we decided to stay home for the holidays this year!

Susan

We had family from the states come this way. Unbelievably they all made it. We´re still short about 3 bags but all family member accounted for.

Thanks to Mother Nature for only messing with Schiphol a little bit while just pummeling all the other major airports in Europe...

Going the other direction...it took our friends about 4 days to get from Norway to Miami for the holidays...and I hear that was pretty good overall.

Hey, but snow is AWESOME!!! Never too late to take up xc skiing Susan ;)

The father of my son's best friend was in Houston on business. He finally was able to fly home three days late, to Amsterdam. Then he took a complicated series of trains to Düsseldorf, where he caught a ride home. He was lucky to catch a day when all the airports were open!

His luggage is still having a mini-vacation, he hopes it will arrive in Amsterdam soon.....

I am considering hitching Kitty up to pull the sleigh, but she doesn't seem to think this is such a good idea, can't imagine why not!

Susan

Susan Westemeyer said:
The father of my son's best friend was in Houston on business. He finally was able to fly home three days late, to Amsterdam. Then he took a complicated series of trains to Düsseldorf, where he caught a ride home. He was lucky to catch a day when all the airports were open!

His luggage is still having a mini-vacation, he hopes it will arrive in Amsterdam soon.....

I am considering hitching Kitty up to pull the sleigh, but she doesn't seem to think this is such a good idea, can't imagine why not!

Susan

At Stansted this morning there was an announcement that the morning's flight to Dusselforf was cancelled as the plane was stranded over there and couldn't get back. There were a lot of very unhappy people - not a great Christmas eve.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Gosh I feel bad about posting after reading some of the weather elsewhere.
I shall be warm and dry for Christmas Eve.

Friday
Clear. High: 66 °F / 19 °C . Wind NW 6 mph / 10 km/h .

Friday Night
Clear. Low: 46 °F / 8 °C . Wind ENE 6 mph / 10 km/h .

May 6, 2009
Visit site
rxgqgxnyfz said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/160 :D
It's warm now though -- a mere -10, -20.

Never knew you were Kazakh, rather just a Vino fan :eek::)

As for me? The rain outside is torrential. The weather conditions: http://www.weather.com.au/qld/gold-coast/current, and the State I live in: http://www.weather.com.au/qld

australia_430.jpeg

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
We´re up in the mountains for the week...so it could snow every day and that would be great.

But it aint, and won´t. :(

Just cold...and more cold. We´ll get to know the inside of this cabin quite well I think.

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the middle of the so-called Blizzard of 2010. Winds is howling 30-40mph, snow is falling and temp is about 28 F. Only 8-10 inches of snow so far. No big deal, certainly not living up to the hype.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
From the massive flooding in central Queensland, and the worst is yet to happen:

127305-floods.jpg

127284-floods.jpg

415976-emerald.gif

262905-bundaberg.jpg

One of the town's that is more or less under water is Bundaberg, the home of Allan Davis.

That flooding is really horrifying.

It has been getting up above freezing (just barely) for several days now, so the snow is starting to melt. I can actually see grass on the lawn in a very few spots, and one or two places on the road I can see road surface.

The surest sign, though, that the weather has changed is that Kitty now voluntarily goes out several times a day.

Susan

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
That flooding is really horrifying.

It has been getting up above freezing (just barely) for several days now, so the snow is starting to melt. I can actually see grass on the lawn in a very few spots, and one or two places on the road I can see road surface.

The surest sign, though, that the weather has changed is that Kitty now voluntarily goes out several times a day.

Susan

The main river in Rockhampton (in Central Queensland) is expected to peak at 9.4m in the next couple of days. 60% of the state has been hit by the floods, which to give you an idea how big the area, enough to cover to France and Germany, if the article is correct.

TRENDING THREADS