• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your local weather

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Thursday
Clear. High: 69 °F / 21 °C
Very high winds up north in the states.
But apparently it's not allowed across the border:rolleyes:
Captureiiuu.JPG

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
here in LA county several cities have declared state of emergencies because of the wind storms. Lot of damage to cars/ buildings because of trees falling down. Thousands of people without power. It is nice now, high 60s but more winds are expected

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
krebs303 said:
Thursday
Clear. High: 69 °F / 21 °C
Very high winds up north in the states.
But apparently it's not allowed across the border:rolleyes:
Captureiiuu.JPG

I got caught in a head wind today and it was pure hell. I hate cycling now

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Second day of summer here. Light Northerly breeze, sunshine, 20 degrees C.

Makes a nice change from the gales of earlier this week.

Boeing said:
I got caught in a head wind today and it was pure hell. I hate cycling now

i could tell you of a legendary Thanksgiving ride me and 2 teammates did about 20 years ago. a casual spin around the canyon had us screaming at the wind and riding the flats in our climbing gears. brutal, but after the fact,a great story.
just hideous wind. the proverbial, killer headwind.:D

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Gray, gloomy, and depressing in Amsterdam, daytime highs around 7-10 C, nightime lows just above freezing....various bits of wintry precipitation periodically fall out of the sky, though I haven't seen any actual 'snow' yet.

Par for the course for the time of year.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Totally black sky and sleet now. Yuck.

Susan

Well, thats autumn in NRW. Good.

All that good weather was getting boring and rain is really needed.
The Rhein was so much run out of water, that you could see all those bombs in the riverbed.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Shut up Spare Tyre! ;) You know I like a bit of hyperbole!

In general it is quite chilly at the moment.

Come next Tuesday it will be 45 degrees and the day after that there will be rain, hail, and snow.

TRENDING THREADS