• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your most favourite cycling memorable moment (youtube links added)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
There is only one thing that puts a tear in my eye and that is cycling memorable moments.

My favourite moment other than the obvious Floyd Landis 1996 attack, was probably Jens Voigt's ride in last years tour where he took the front up this mountain and dropped off most of the peloton. He really put in the hurt. The pure grit of the guy was amazing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UncELpyKQLU

Indurain's attacking ride with Luc Leblanc in the 1994 TdF to catch Pantani and end the tour for the rest of the contenders. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zVoNIKl1Ks was also very interesting

The constant Roche, Delgado duels in 87 were also right up there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BrvsSOs920

A

Anonymous

can someone find the original thread for me..
i cant be bothered to repost all the links and moments all over again.. :mad:

A

Anonymous

roche on la plagne... but i cant be bothered to go find the video again..

actaully.. for tears in my eyes, does istanbul count.. :D

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Favorite moments......hummm..so many. Alpe is absolutely right about Greg's 8 second TDF win. Hampsten's wrangling of the Giro in '88 is right up there too. Since I'm a classics guy, I've always favored the punchy springtime protagonists, one of my all-time favorites being Michele Bartoli.

Bartoli attacks the Muur, '96 Ronde.. in fact, anytime Bartoli attacked was a thing of beauty.

Apr 3, 2009
www.dj-vega.net
Vandenbroucke's win in 1999's Liège-Bastogne-Liège, after announcing he would win. The head to head duel with Bartoli on La Redoute, timeless.

Vandebroucke's Avila stage win in 1999's Vuelta, I couldn't believe my eyes, a Belgian this kind of thing again in a GT.

Johan Museeuw highlights, especially his world championship title and 1996's Paris-Roubaix.

Tom Boonen's 2005 world championship title. 2005 was an epic year for every Belgian cycling fan. First the double Flanders-Roubaix, stagewins in the Tour, and then this. Especially the way it all seemed lost, but Nuyens and Van Petegem managed to get Boonen back in front with a monstrous effort. That swoop to the left out of Valverde's wheel, and then sprinting unstoppably to victory. I swear, my heart raced to 180bpm at least :D

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Some really interesting links. Thanks for posting. Sorry I didn't know that there was an existing thread with this on. But hey there are always new people so no harm in starting a new thread. Keep them coming.

A

Anonymous

Indurain said:
Some really interesting links. Thanks for posting. Sorry I didn't know that there was an existing thread with this on. But hey there are always new people so no harm in starting a new thread. Keep them coming.

oh take no notice of me.. i was just being lazy.. theres threads for everything but some of them are about ten pages back... we need more sections is what it is...

i cant find it myself, which is annoying, cos id found some good videos i forgot to bookmark..

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site