• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your Spanish Dream Team WC 2012

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Alright the point of this thread is to give your spanish dream team of the current spanish riders. Obviously 9 names.

Mine Spanish Dream Team: Contador, Valverde, Purito, LL Sanchez, Moreno, Inxausti, Castroviejo, Hernandez and oh what the heck Freire.

Normally I wouldn't put Freire in it but he's a legend. Awesome dude and he showed class in the amstel gold race and you never know with him in a WC even at 36.

Edit: Not sure if Sami sanchez is able to ride it but if he's capable of it then him instead of hernandez.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Miburo said:
Alright the point of this thread is to give your spanish dream team of the current spanish riders. Obviously 9 names.

Mine Spanish Dream Team: Contador, Valverde, Purito, LL Sanchez, Moreno, Inxausti, Castroviejo, Hernandez and oh what the heck Freire.

Normally I wouldn't put Freire in it but he's a legend. Awesome dude and he showed class in the amstel gold race and you never know with him in a WC even at 36.

Edit: Not sure if Sami sanchez is able to ride it but if he's capable of it then him instead of hernandez.

Captains: Valverde, J. Rodriguez
Free Role: Contador, Anton
Gregarios: Verdugo, Castroviejo, Ruben Perez Moreno, Barredo, JJ Rojas

(Leaving Sam out for now)

Anton's been a mystery to me all season. To me it seems he timed his Vuelta peak too late for the race, putting him in awesome shape come Worlds/Lombardy. He could either be a big force at the World's or crash in the neutral zone.

jens_attacks said:
lol now compare that to what used to be a force which scared other nations to the bones: italy

bettini,stay home!

espana is just a wonderful team but i hope the colombians and JTL will hang on there
:( If only we could see Ballan, Pippo, Pellizotti, Cunego and Scarponi. That would be a force.