• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Zwift "Tour for All" (May 4th to May 8th 2020)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Wow, the recriminations never end here do they ? The commentary is FINE ! Certainly on par with anything we get for"non-virtual" races.

Anyway, it's money time for the men as they are starting the AdZ climb just about...NOW !

Well, I am usually dissatisfied with the commentary of the normal sports events... (I just can't help it.) But then I concentrate on the sports and if it gets too bad I turn the commentary off. If I turn it off here there's not that much to watch.

Hey, come on, don't take all this to serious. It's just emotions. :)

Reactions: Cookster15
So Louis Meintjes takes the win, back from the dead !
Approximate timing : 35'07" for the winner and 35'25" for Uran (at altitude) in 4th.
Not as good as Ron Dennis' 33'58" a few weeks ago but their race was a lot shorter with only only one climb.
That was pretty exciting, let's hope we get more of that before August 1st...assuming the outdoor season will be able to resume.

Does everything have to be needed? Can't things just be… fun? A little bit of silliness.
You are right. I am speaking from the perspective of a frustrated fan. I just find it uninspiring. The lack of popularity of this thread is more evidence most fans in this site share my thinking. Normal race threads can have hundreds of posts. More would be interested if the gimmicks were dropped.

You don't know if it's the gimmicks that are keeping people away. Some people might simply not be interested in e-racing, and wouldn't have watched either way. After all, you need to go watch to know about the gimmicks.
I understand your point. I'm just not interested and I am sure most agree even if I can't prove it. e-racing and the gimmicks are synonymous to me. The virus will pass in time and everyone will forget about virtual racing except for a few diehards.

So Louis Meintjes takes the win, back from the dead !
Approximate timing : 35'07" for the winner and 35'25" for Uran (at altitude) in 4th.
Not as good as Ron Dennis' 33'58" a few weeks ago but their race was a lot shorter with only only one climb.
That was pretty exciting, let's hope we get more of that before August 1st...assuming the outdoor season will be able to resume.

Jason Osborne (German olympic rower) did a 32:27 in the German E-Sport Bundesliga. They did the short route before the climb, too. He wants to get a pro contract in cycling after the Olympics. He was already sixth place at the German TT Championchips 2019, very close to place 3. He is an interesting one to watch.

No, he was not filmed. I don't know if there are strict rules like filming the weighing in that league. The race is on youtube.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPqub71LA6o&t=17s

He has a lightweight rower. His weight should be legit and I don't think he cheats with the powermeter.

I'm not saying he's cheating but even on ZwiftPower for some races you need double Power readings (power from the trainer and from a real powermeter) to detect any calibration problems. 1.5 minutes better than the world ITT champion Ron Dennis seems like a lot TBH...

Reactions: Faserr

TRENDING THREADS