• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 487 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It's not that watts per kilos is debatable, either it is sufficient or it is not, but then a miriad of uncontrolable factors come in and these can't be programed scientifically. Then it becomes a question of those who have control convincing the rider that he is the chosen one.

Last edited:
Pog changed his plans at the last minute because Urska went with the women's team to the Sierra Nevada, he has no one to cook at home, no company, Mohoric, Mathews, Formolo are all at the races, so at the last minute it was decided to do the altitude because of the company
Even mathews &,formolo are his chefs 🤣 u got me😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Learning how to accept getting bored will be key during the Giro as he could win 10 stages if he raced like he was in PCM.

It would be wise to smash the first week and build a big lead that then sets up the rest to fight among each other for the podium as then the other teams will police breaks and spare UAE a lot of the donkey work controlling the race thus keeping key domestique fresher for the Tour and the double attempt where he will need the full strength of his lieutenants.
That's the dilemma for an early lead. The other major contenders, most of whom have not been in Pog's field this year; have as strong or stronger domestique corps. Technical stages are hard to control so, as you said; even in the best-planned situations he will need all hands.

Pog changed his plans at the last minute because Urska went with the women's team to the Sierra Nevada, he has no one to cook at home, no company, Mohoric, Mathews, Formolo are all at the races, so at the last minute it was decided to do the altitude because of the company

Lol that sounds so unprofessional

Lol that sounds so unprofessional
I don’t think so.

You are reading it as a joke, it was written that way on purpose I am assuming, but it actually make sense.

A part of performing well is have great social and personal life for many. Pretty sure he will be better being close to his partner rather than spending three weeks apart.

You have to remember they spend many days apart as is.

This solution just make sense for everyone involved.

One thing we can agree on is that Pogacar is the most likely the winner of the Giro but it's not going to be with minimal effort saving energy like you're assuming.

The fact of the matter is that Pogacar has never ridden defensively or economically, he is not that type of rider. There are many stages up for grabs and you can bet your money that he is not passing them up.
I literally said I would do just that, yesterday 😁 Still - theoretically, it should be a training ride if he’s smart…

I don’t think so.

You are reading it as a joke, it was written that way on purpose I am assuming, but it actually make sense.

A part of performing well is have great social and personal life for many. Pretty sure he will be better being close to his partner rather than spending three weeks apart.

Your explanation doesn't make it sound more professional. It's not that it doesn't make sense to go, it's that they supposedly didn't know her's or he's scheduled and pulled this in the last second. Now it's UAE so nothing is impossible off cause.

• Wow
As we are now in the middle of classics season, I look at Pogacar's current ability and it seems like there is no stopping him.

If we look at the all time record for monument victories, the great Eddy Merckx holds the record with 19. Tadej won't break that I don't think but let's have a prediction of how many monuments he'll amass in his career.

For context, the top of the list looks like this:
1. Merckx- 19
2. De Vlaeminck- 11
3. Kelly- 9
3. Girardengo- 9
3. Coppi- 9

Can Tadej crack the top 5?
He's on 5 wins atm.

As we are now in the middle of classics season, I look at Pogacar's current ability and it seems like there is no stopping him.

If we look at the all time record for monument victories, the great Eddy Merckx holds the record with 19. Tadej won't break that I don't think but let's have a prediction of how many monuments he'll amass in his career.

For context, the top of the list looks like this:
1. Merckx- 19
2. De Vlaeminck- 11
3. Kelly- 9
3. Girardengo- 9
3. Coppi- 9

Can Tadej crack the top 5?
He's on 5 wins atm.

Merckx's numbers are unreachable but De Vlaemincks's isn't. Teddy can get in this territory in a few years.

Mou
Please stop talking hogwash here, really this is complete and utter BS.
He was always scheduled for altitude after Catalunya and in this instance, as well as you claiming strongly that Javier coaches Yates, which he does not, your info was not correct.
It happens.

However, you need to be a man of your word like you said and leave. Cause if I was wrong, I would have left as expected and you would have made a noise.

You need to understand that sometimes you come up against a quiet person who also has very good information on certain subjects and only talks when they know they are right in.

Last edited:
Mou
Please stop talking hogwash here, really this is complete and utter BS.
He was always scheduled for altitude after Catalunya and in this instance, as well as you claiming strongly that Javier coaches Yates, which he does not, your info was not correct.
It happens.

However, you need to be a man of your word like you said and leave. Cause if I was wrong, I would have left as expected and you would have made a noise.

You need to understand that sometimes you come up against a quiet person who also has very good information on certain subjects and only talks when they know they are right in.
What is the coach of Yates? Inigo San millan?

Yates improved a lot on emirates.

Your explanation doesn't make it sound more professional. It's not that it doesn't make sense to go, it's that they supposedly didn't know her's or he's scheduled and pulled this in the last second. Now it's UAE so nothing is impossible off cause.
They don’t have a ”normal” job.

Things change all the time. Rescheduling.

You are not making any sense calling it unprofessional.

I don’t think so.

Sorry but cannot believe for a second he chose to ride at alttitude just to follow his girlfriend

Reactions: Colonel
I don’t think so.

It was just a joke.