• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 824 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
Stage One (tomorrow) is a pan flat 10km ITT.
If Froome was showing decent form this would be a good chance to show himself and his power to the cycling world.
However, I fear he will be completely outgunned and lose chunks of time.
When the result comes in, instead of looking at his time compare his average kmph to everyone else.
This will expose where he is.

If Froome was showing decent form this would be a good chance to show himself and his power to the cycling world.
When the result comes in, instead of looking at his time compare his average kmph to everyone else.
Mate, it will expose nothing.

Reactions: pastronef
Monday, not tomorrow.

Reactions: Sandisfan
You will rarely receive a response from Chris Froome on his twitter account.
However, yesterday he did come back at a comment so he does read them.
Froome was enjoying a day of fishing with his two young children when he received some stick from a vegan criticising the activity.
Froome replied that if he had caught anything he would have enjoyed it for dinner.

Chris Froome is currently 750/1 with British bookies to win the 2024 Tour de France.
Is anybody tempted to have a flutter? Surely those odds must tempt somebody?
If you think the outright win is a touch beyond Froome you can hedge your bets and back him each-way for a top-four finish with a £2.00 outlay returning an impressive £939.50.
Considering he is a four-time winner of the race does anybody think these odds are on the generous side?

Chris Froome is currently 750/1 with British bookies to win the 2024 Tour de France.
If you think the outright win is a touch beyond Froome you can hedge your bets and back him each-way for a top-four finish with a £2.00 outlay returning an impressive £939.50.
Considering he is a four-time winner of the race does anybody think these odds are on the generous side?
I know someone who will bet quite a bit on it.

This is tempting.

1) After a legendary spring Pogi will be burnt out by the time Tour starts.
2) Vingo is a tough nut to crack but even he can have some bad luck (with a probability way higher than 1/750).
3) Rogla crashes very often, just ask Mohoric.
4) Fatco is guaranteed to ride backwards during at least one mountain stage.
This leaves us with Chris. Not at his peak anymore but given his experience he can make it #5!

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
This is tempting.

1) After a legendary spring Pogi will be burnt out by the time Tour starts.
2) Vingo is a tough nut to crack but even he can have some bad luck (with a probability way higher than 1/750).
3) Rogla crashes very often, just ask Mohoric.
4) Fatco is guaranteed to ride backwards during at least one mountain stage.
This leaves us with Chris. Not at his peak anymore but given his experience he can make it #5!

Froome is going to end up in a breakaway with Nils Politt in the second week and gain 30 minutes on the peloton. Then he'll suddenly find his missing watts, and Vingečar won't be able to crush him in the last stages.

I will offer you 500.000/1, minimum bet is 10. So if you win, you get 5.000.000.

I accept bets from all forum members. Ask my account details in PM.

For sure the expectation you could be a millionaire will already be worth that 10 you spent on the bet?

Taxus4a for sure already on it with everything but the kitchen sink
I put already half of my month payment 😛. He was better than Carapaz and Cyan Uijtdebroeck as someone put,.... on the ITT today. So he is on the way😛

His position is worse than his 80th on 2020, but he lost less time , for example with Ganna, so I dont think he was worse today . Vernon didns great ITT and he is a favourite in some stages, but I think is Phillips en team who has to work more...so, IP doesnt have a real man for GC, so I hope Froome doesnt have to work too much. It is a team for some sprints with Corbin and Vernon eithba good train and look for stages in a break, but they dont have to control the race IMO.

Last edited: