• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

77th Tour de Romandie (2.UWT) // 23rd - 28th of April 2024

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

yes or no

• Total voters
Either Arensman is taking Thomas' approach to peaking to a new level or he's ***ed up his Giro prep. Nowhere near his best once again today.

He looks better this year at this point than he did last year when he came 6th in the Giro, I think he's doing the slow-build for week 3. One of those riders like Kruijswijk who would start winning GTs if they were 4 weeks long, but honestly I think an outside bet for the podium.

I forgot Bernal at my analisis, Of course he copunts seriously, he comeback to his best level, it is just a question some pain come up, as happened before his crash already..but in a race like this one, he is one of the best.

Rain looks is going to condition maybe the full results of the whole race...som e second up or down could be decissive.

Hate rain in ITTs, so naturally I hate that the WT race in the part of Switserland hwere it always fuggin rains finds in necessarily to put in 2 technical ITTs every year all the while wet shitting the bed at the mountain stages.
Romandie needs a major overhaul in general. The place on the calendar is unsuitable weather-wise with some key passes not open yet (e.g. Col de la Croix, the natural lead-in to tomorrow's finish), doesn't fit that well with any of Ardennes, Giro and Tour, and the route is almost always poor. Unquestionably the worst of the big 7 one-week races.

Reactions: Escarabajo
Romandie needs a major overhaul in general. The place on the calendar is unsuitable weather-wise with some key passes not open yet (e.g. Col de la Croix, the natural lead-in to tomorrow's finish), doesn't fit that well with any of Ardennes, Giro and Tour, and the route is almost always poor. Unquestionably the worst of the big 7 one-week races.
It's been at least as good as Suisse the past 10 years.