• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

77th Tour de Romandie (2.UWT) // 23rd - 28th of April 2024

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

yes or no

• Total voters
GC:

Ayuso
Van Wilder +8"
Vlasov +10"
C. Rod. +11"
Martinez +24"
Close enough for the title to be in play tomorrow. Adam Yates is 52" behind in GC, so they only have Ayuso to ride for.

EDIT: Official GC:
GMGg2fTWQAAj9ML

Can’t imagine Ayuso losing this
Unlikely indeed, but not impossible, with 3 guys within 11 seconds. All it takes is a small gap in the final 100 meters + 10 boni seconds. I don't get the feeling we are seeing the absolute best Ayuso here, tbh. His TT was good, but not on a different level compared to Vlasov, Rodriguez and Van Wilder. They all finished within 10s and had the same weather conditions.

Unlikely indeed, but not impossible, with 3 guys within 11 seconds. All it takes is a small gap in the final 100 meters + 10 boni seconds. I don't get the feeling we are seeing the absolute best Ayuso here, tbh. His TT was good, but not on a different level compared to Vlasov, Rodriguez and Van Wilder. They all finished within 10s and had the same weather conditions.
That’s true, Vlasov seemed good, hopefully they’ll try something but I can imagine UAE trying to smother attacks by setting a high pace

Reactions: Sandisfan