• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dwars Door Vlaanderen (188.6 km) goes straight through Flanders

How is there not a thread for this race!!?

AXUl66db_o.png

Elite Men Start:
Wednesday, March 27, 12:15 PM local.

Streams:
Free: Sporza and RTBF (Sporza requires VPN, not sure about RTBF)
USA: FloBikes
Canada: FloBikes
UK: Discovery+

Official Website:

Official Guide (PDF):

Startlist:

Route:
zwfbA71.png

Profile:
H2twWeP.png

Who ya got?? No MVDP, hard to look past Wout...

Last edited:
@Netserk not sure how one adds that little thumbnail for the thread like you did for the Ronde...
See the instructions in the Uijtdebroeks thread:

It should work with this image: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...eren.png/800px-Logo-Dwars_door_Vlaanderen.png

See the instructions in the Uijtdebroeks thread:

It should work with this image: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...eren.png/800px-Logo-Dwars_door_Vlaanderen.png
Thanks, that image would be perfect. Like the other poster, I just get a "can't add thumbnails" and nothing else to click on. Don't see how I'd add this. Obviously missing something basic.

I guess you're saying add that image to the original post then it will be available as a thumb? Trying to do that, but getting server errors. Will have a look later.

Reactions: Wvv
I would've said Hagenes if he hadn't crashed on Friday. Now either Van Aert himself has to pull the chestnuts out of the fire. Or this might end up being a quite conservatively ridden Dwars door Vlaanderen.

Turgis of course wants to prove himself here. Küng? I have a hard time seeing a path to victory for him anywhere. I wish it was differently and he could take just one epic win. He seems to be a genuinely sympathy person.

Sadly, it gets windy & rainy only on Thursday.

Reactions: Didinho
I would've said Hagenes if he hadn't crashed on Friday. Now either Van Aert himself has to pull the chestnuts out of the fire. Or this might end up being a quite conservatively ridden Dwars door Vlaanderen.

Turgis of course wants to prove himself here. Küng? I have a hard time seeing a path to victory for him anywhere. I wish it was differently and he could take just one epic win. He seems to be a genuinely sympathy person.

Sadly, it gets windy & rainy only on Thursday.

'To pull the chestnuts out of the fire' is that really an expression in English? It is in Danish, but I don't think you're a Dane. A surprise to me that that expression can be used in other languages.

Reactions: Sandisfan