• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

h9VTU4nR_400x400.jpg
50tLMc3f_400x400.png

GGovbdNXQAAJgRg

The old gang is back, fresh from Milano Sanremo. This time it's Wout's turn, as Pog is racing in Catlunya. He and MVDP will battle it out on the cobbled climbs.
For the last two editions it was Wout who has won it, can he do a hattrick?

Notable all-rounder: Wout, MVDP, Hirschi, Mohoric, Kung, Narvaez, Skujin, Wellens, Benoot, Bettiol, Tratnik
Notable sprinters: Pedersen, De Lie, Matthews, Girmay

Lytza6n.png

Live video stream available on Eurosport/GCN alternative.

ODOPRQc.png

Full startlist (not yet final):

Map:

e3-harelbeke-2024-result-map-5b473a8609.jpg

Profile:

GJMuIZYW8AAZlSs

Reactions: Sandisfan
I'll certainly be interesting to see where Wout's form is, and if his prep for the big races has paid off. He's been relatively quiet this spring.

Given what we've seen and general history...I would guess MVDP is gonna smash this. Wout would have to make a fairly startling increase in form to pull it off.
If MVDP does put the hammer down from far out then it’s just a matter of Wout’s current form to keep up. But if there is more of a waiting game with a small group in the finale, I think one advantage Wout does have is having won the previous two editions, he may feel more content to gamble and let others in a group chase.

But that scenario is based on the “old” style of classics racing, not the current model of jetting away with 30-,50-, 80-km to go ;)

With our usual luck it will probably rain from Friday 17.30 PM until Sunday 10.00 AM, but one can always hope.

It probably won't be as aggressive as last year, because Pogacar is absent and because MvdP is also aiming for Gent-Wevelgem. Van Aert would probably prefer a final with a somewhat bigger group, given the collective strength of his team. Two years ago he won the Omloop just after an altitude camp, so a third win seems possible. Normally it should be between MvdP, Pedersen and Visma for the victory.

Pedersen got mentioned 2 times above. Goes to show he's still overrated.
I mean, I already fear for WvA not being able to follow MvdP, so how should Pedersen end up any different than with a cold when the big guns fly by?

Cause he will get his rain superpowers.

It will be Pedersen and Wellens battling it out for the win. Those overrated riders who can't handle real Flandrien weather like Van der Poel and Van Aert don't stand a chance.

I'll certainly be interesting to see where Wout's form is, and if his prep for the big races has paid off. He's been relatively quiet this spring.

Given what we've seen and general history...I would guess MVDP is gonna smash this. Wout would have to make a fairly startling increase in form to pull it off.
Wout did win KBK in a long 3 man breakaway and won the sprint for third from the bunch having been in a breakaway all day at Omloop, having thrown the race win away through idiotic tactics but fortunately for him got away with it because a teammate won. And also won a stage of the Portugal race. His form has not been bad

Reactions: Sandisfan