• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 559 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Reactions: Sandisfan
Will the team honor the rest of her contract since it was as an MD’s decision she should stop. Do the women pros have any guaranteed money in their contracts? I’m guessing not for the latter:

well theyre supposed to be guaranteed a minimum wage thesedays as a world tour team rider, though what the ins and outs of that guarantee might mean when you are forced to quit on medical grounds I dont know, would they pay up the remainder of the contract ? youd like to think so, but..

Possibly Im reading too much into a typically blunt Dutch statement translated in to English , but "we'll work to see how we can help" isnt nearly as enfusive as the British Cycling statement which was "weve offered Anna our full support now and in the future" even though both may amount to the exact same level of support.

I do believe she had only this year left on the current deal she was on with SD Worx. and also given her age and experience whether it was much more than the minimum, again cant really say, but youd presume at the lower end of pay scale, certainly compared to others on that team.

she was also on the GBCT olympic podium programme, which fwiw isnt automatic for GB women in the pro road ranks still, so was getting national lottery funding for that as well, which due to the unique way its funded, may well carry on till the Olympics happen.

Tour de Suisse 2024

1. Etappe: Vaduz - Vaduz
2. Etappe: Vaduz - Regensdorf
3. Etappe: Steinmaur - Rüschlikon
4. Etappe: Rüschlikon - St. Gotthard
5. Etappe: Ambri – Cari
6. Etappe: Locarno – Blatten-Belalp
7. Etappe: Villars-sur-Ollon - Villars-sur-Ollon
8. Etappe: Aigle - Villars-sur-Ollon

Stages 4-8 all end uphill. Stage 8 is an MTT, stage 1 a short ITT/prologue

Pretty bland as expected, only stage 7 looks somewhat interesting, but it's before the MTT

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Pretty bland as expected, only stage 7 looks somewhat interesting, but it's before the MTT

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg
I‘m guessing they didn‘t wanna include any downhill finishes after what happened last year.

well theyre supposed to be guaranteed a minimum wage thesedays as a world tour team rider, though what the ins and outs of that guarantee might mean when you are forced to quit on medical grounds I dont know, would they pay up the remainder of the contract ? youd like to think so, but..

Possibly Im reading too much into a typically blunt Dutch statement translated in to English , but "we'll work to see how we can help" isnt nearly as enfusive as the British Cycling statement which was "weve offered Anna our full support now and in the future" even though both may amount to the exact same level of support.

I do believe she had only this year left on the current deal she was on with SD Worx. and also given her age and experience whether it was much more than the minimum, again cant really say, but youd presume at the lower end of pay scale, certainly compared to others on that team.

she was also on the GBCT olympic podium programme, which fwiw isnt automatic for GB women in the pro road ranks still, so was getting national lottery funding for that as well, which due to the unique way its funded, may well carry on till the Olympics happen.
Small point, national lottery funding is means tested based on your professional salary.

• Wow
Small point, national lottery funding is means tested based on your professional salary.
yes, for sure im not saying it would be a huge amount, it's an amount though, she hasn't necessarily just been dumped out of the cycling system, and that's it everything stopped one day in April, is all I'm saying.

Which has happened to plenty of riders in the past.

my point was really youd like to think everyone who needs to pays up, pays up for her, because that's the right thing to do and doesn't try to wriggle out of it via some legalese

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg
Incredibly dull route. Four basically identical mountain stages where nothing will happen before the final climb. And then an MTT at the end just to make absolutely sure nobody tries anything aggressive in the preceding stages.

lol that route is a travesty. imagine having all of the insanely cool terrain in Switzerland to choose from and coming up with that crap?
I wonder if Suisse waters down its routes recently to still attract top Tour contenders. Because both the Dauphine and Tour de Suisse are ridden by the top riders as final prep for the Tour de Suisse suffers in comparison because it finishes a few days closer to the Tour and typically has worse weather than the Dauphine, the latter of which has also recently offered virtual copies of upcoming Tour stages for riders to use at prep. I wonder if their premise is if they make the route too difficult they won’t get any of top riders?

I wonder if Suisse waters down its routes recently to still attract top Tour contenders. Because both the Dauphine and Tour de Suisse are ridden by the top riders as final prep for the Tour de Suisse suffers in comparison because it finishes a few days closer to the Tour and typically has worse weather than the Dauphine, the latter of which has also recently offered virtual copies of upcoming Tour stages for riders to use at prep. I wonder if their premise is if they make the route too difficult they won’t get any of top riders?

yeah, could be. but the Dauphine is known as "the premier Tour prep race" and even they have a much more interesting route this year