• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

d3z-5ZYQ_400x400.jpg

FODFEZ4XEAE30KK

PS: Mostly copied from last year :cool:
You know this race. The oldest classic, the sprinter's classic, except when it's not. Will Pogacar, MVDP, Laporte, Ganna and other all rounders manager to drop the sprinters on the Poggior or not? Will Mohoric try on the descent again? Time will tell!

Notable all-rounder: Pogacar, MVDP, Girmay, Mohoric, Hirschi, McNulty, Laporte, Ganna, Pidcock, Kung
Notable sprinters: Philipsen, Kooij, Pedesen, Milan, Kristoff, Ewan, Demare

https://www.milanosanremo.it/

KT20NND.png

Live video stream available on Eurosport/GCN alternative.

agPGJbh.png

Full startlist (not yet final):

Map:

qRMTJ7IcwU3ccTn6r0Sz_120224-083806.jpg

Profile:

GIewm_9WsAASBTh

I hope Trek play it differently and make Milan and Pedersen pull the peloton for Declercq. However it's already a done deal that the race will be won after a long solo ride by Tonelli. UAE will push hard in the peloton, but they will lose out because Ulissi and Covi are useless riders for this race.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I hope Trek play it differently and make Milan and Pedersen pull the peloton for Declercq. However it's already a done deal that the race will be won after a long solo ride by Tonelli. UAE will push hard in the peloton, but they will lose out because Ulissi and Covi are useless riders for this race.
You don’t think they’d go with Pedersen as their leader?. He looked good climbing in P-N, though I haven’t checked on his past results in this race.
I rate him high for RvV this year.

Last edited:
Interesting scenario for Pogacar, the Monument that really is the hardest to target. He can't really drop or outsprint Van Der Poel or even Ganna if he's in form, isn't anything special on the descents and going on the Cipressa would be suicide. Perhaps he could ride passively and hope someone like Wellens or Marc Hirschi can make the reduced bunch at the end with him then attack the last few k, but I think he needs snookers to win a race like this. If he reaches the final with Van Der Poel, he should not be in the wind at all.

Watch out for Jhonathan Narvaez as a 150/1 outsider, taken a step forward since last summer. has a serious sprint on him and matched Porte's record on Willunga Hill recently.