• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

State of the Peloton 2024

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
My point was with all the science and money at UAE, it's a bit odd that their riders get cramp (ok, first day for McNulty but it's something I think is worth noting for later in the season)

Talking of the peloton, a great start in Mallorca with a winner from a 100 km plus break (in a sprint) and a 19 year old doing 46 km/h over 181 km. "Durability" in buckets, I say! :)

yes, he did it ALL ALONE. A-fking-LONE. dear me please, please

Thanks for the post nightowl!

120g carbs per hour and ketones is the current way to go -
https://velo.outsideonline.com/road/road-training/is-it-time-to-reconsider-fasted-training/ and study at
https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/16/2/318
The paper, which was co-authored by UAE Emirates’ performance guru and Tadej Pogačar‘s personal coach Iñigo San Millán, suggests it’s time to rethink the often controversial principle of fasted training. ...it adds further momentum into the swing toward the super-high carb fueling strategies that are speeding up modern pro cycling.
These new investigations are limited in scope and so the findings can’t be seen as final.

But there’s no denying that today’s extra-intense peloton requires the fast fuel of sugars and starches more than ever before.

Training to a high-carb protocol allows riders to max out their physiology for the moves that explode the cobblestones and HC-climbs of the modern sport’s biggest races. It also toughens their digestive systems for the overload of gels and sport drinks that support the effort.

They should be flying ! With the better bike set ups, better nutrition, more attention to aerodynamics and if you get favorable weather conditions then you should be setting good times.
Of course! We’re comparing modern riders to the dark ages of 2022 after all - those riders could barely be considered athletes by modern standards. It’s truly amazing how far technology, training, and professionalism has come since then.

Franck Bonnamour AGDecathlon provsionnaly suspended because of an Adverse Analytical Finding

• Wow
Reactions: Ilmaestro99
I wonder how the hiring process goes these days. There is probably no way for a team to access the rider's test results without the rider's consent and forcing a rider's consent as a condition of being hired also seems rather questionable.

So even if the results are in place and maybe there are some questions it becomes a crapshoot for any team.

He gives love a bad name.
Franck Bonjovi.

I wonder how the hiring process goes these days. There is probably no way for a team to access the rider's test results without the rider's consent and forcing a rider's consent as a condition of being hired also seems rather questionable.

So even if the results are in place and maybe there are some questions it becomes a crapshoot for any team.
That's not questionable. I know Visma just demand you give them insight in your blood passport. If you don't, too bad, no contract. I don't know about AG2R but you'd assume they would also do a little more than just look deeply into a rider's eyes and ask him if he's lying.

Anonymous rider during his five year career as a pro who suddenly turns into a mix of Chavanel and Voeckler the second half of the 2021 season (including an amazing TdF) and becomes a ghost again afterwards (except for glimpses on a couple of stages /one day races on 2022).

He falls into the Santambrogio / Raul Alarcon category.

• Love
Reactions: Ilmaestro99

Latest posts