• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 524 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
if training at 800m altitude in Pinos Genil near Granada is altitude training, then I was wrong. Pog spent the first 4-5 days of his vacation after Catalonia at 2320m in the Vincci Hotel, where the UAE base has been for years and where Majka and Grosscharter are currently, as soon as started serious training from 1.4-12.4 Pog didn't see the altitude of the hotel, he was already stationed from a hotel near Granada at 800m above sea level, so my legend, I don't know who was wrong, if you're a serious poster like you claim, then better inform yourself because @mou never talk nonsense but verified facts, 😘...
Mou is always right.

How many minutes on Sunday? Is he going earlier than Redoute?

Reactions: scribers
if training at 800m altitude in Pinos Genil near Granada is altitude training, then I was wrong. Pog spent the first 4-5 days of his vacation after Catalonia at 2320m in the Vincci Hotel, where the UAE base has been for years and where Majka and Grosscharter are currently, as soon as started serious training from 1.4-12.4 Pog didn't see the altitude of the hotel, he was already stationed from a hotel near Granada at 800m above sea level, so my legend, I don't know who was wrong, if you're a serious poster like you claim, then better inform yourself because @mou never talk nonsense but verified facts, 😘...
Pogacar interview after the Volta a Catalunya (25th March):
"I'm going straight to the altitude training. Today I'm going to Sierra Nevada. I'll stay there for almost three weeks and then I'll go to Belgium. One week of rest, then after the preparations for Liège-Bastogne-Liège and the last preparations for the Tour of Italy itself," Pogačar outlined his work plan for the next month.

Pogacar interview after the Volta a Catalunya (25th March):
you want to tell me that the hotel where he stayed is at altitude, even though it is 800m above sea level, I even gave you the name of the hotel where he spent 7 days at 2320m, but he rested for those 7 days and was in the gym and at the pool ,sauni.cim started serious training from 1.4, he moved to a hotel located in Pinos Genil, a few km from Granada, which is 800m above sea level, and he stayed there until 12.4 and returned to Monaco, where he was joined by Carlos Sainz on 13.4 with his team, and now that you know all these facts, you still claim that Pog spent 18 days at altitude in the Sierra Nevada, are you okay?

Last edited:
you want to tell me that the hotel where he stayed is at altitude, even though it is 800m above sea level, I even gave you the name of the hotel where he spent 7 days at 2320m, but he rested for those 7 days and was in the gym and at the pool ,sauni.cim started serious training from 1.4, he moved to a hotel located in Pinos Genil, a few km from Granada, which is 800m above sea level, and he stayed there until 12.4 and returned to Monaco, where he was joined by Carlos Sainz on 13.4 with his team, and now that you know all these facts, you still claim that Pog spent 18 days at altitude in the Sierra Nevada, are you okay?
Well. That was not my claim, it was Pogacar's. So it's your word against Pogacar's.

Reactions: bNator
I doubt he has hacked my account. No one will ever guess that my password is 31122 after Pogačar's GT results.
mine neither and nobody else. Why honestly is anyone bothered with that he writes he genuinly provide insightful stuff unlike majority here including me, granted in fun way indeed.

But honestly why someone actually finds that bad i find that perplexing.

Last edited:
Boom mic drop. They spend as much time confusing reply button with report button
We have to filter them out so that they wont spoil the party. only pog fans deserve to be here, we've redemption from the last couple of years burning into our eyes with the best rider in the world being treated as a mountain flop. We always believed this days will come and if there are scoops who could get us off our seats then let it be.

We have to filter them out so that they wont spoil the party. only pog fans deserve to be here, we've redemption from the last couple of years burning into our eyes with the best rider in the world being treated as a mountain flop. We always believed this days will come and if there are scoops who could get us off our seats then let it be.
consider that it's settled for you, Pog will never be defeated again on the Grand Tour in at least the next 3-4 years, I guarantee you that, except in the case of a major accident, fall, illness, etc.

consider that it's settled for you, Pog will never be defeated again on the Grand Tour in at least the next 3-4 years, I guarantee you that, except in the case of a major accident, fall, illness, etc.
if he crash etc its just the same as before then basicly in all honesty. It was just the same i remember last year as this year before his crash he basicly steamrolled all competition before the crash then too and if hes even better this year it gotte be frustrating for his rivals to be honest.

Unfortunately crashes is part of the sport and can very well happen again tho.

if he crash etc its just the same as before then basicly in all honesty. It was just the same i remember last year as this year before his crash he basicly steamrolled all competition before the crash then too and if hes even better this year it gotte be frustrating for his rivals to be honest.

Unfortunately crashes is part of the sport and can very well happen again tho.
better this year than before he fell last year in all segments and by a serious amount

better this year than before he fell last year in all segments and by a serious amount
yeah ive seen you type it and so far the results show it my point was only thats a scary view for everyone else in the peleton that was all i meant considering he steamrolled everyone before his crash even then even Mvdp in flandern which i never thought I would see.

(tho i suspect mvdp wasnt doing himself any favours the way he rode that race and even him as many else in the peleton seems to have taken further steps which is only natural aswell.)

Last edited:
yeah ive seen you type it and so far the results show it my point was only thats a scary view for everyone else in the peleton that was all i meant considering he steamrolled everyone before his crash even then even Mvdp in flandern which i never thought I would see.

(tho i suspect mvdp wasnt doing himself any favours the way he rode that race and even him as many else in the peleton seems to have taken further strifes which is only natural aswell.)
reduced weight, increased strength, improved posture on the TT bike, solved the problem with heat, improved w/kg and especially on long hills of 35-50 min duration, solved the problem of a bad trainer and consequent fatigue after the altitude camp, and before all these changes and progress was the best cyclist in the world, I think it is clear to everyone what will happen soon...

reduced weight, increased strength, improved posture on the TT bike, solved the problem with heat, improved w/kg and especially on long hills of 35-50 min duration, solved the problem of a bad trainer and consequent fatigue after the altitude camp, and before all these changes and progress was the best cyclist in the world, I think it is clear to everyone what will happen soon...
clear to most i think already what would happen if his not injured. But it seem shocking and considering hes only 25 I can see it as a possibility, intriguing nonetheless if it is the case.

all because of the change of coach, one charlatan was replaced by a serious young coach. one didn't know what cadence and torque was or how to use the Core device, etc... until now Pogacar was coached by Tuchel, and now he was taken over by Xabi Alonso and now is invincible, only that Pog is not Leverkusen but Real M., in football terms, of course
At this point i just want Pogi to break every climbing record that exist , win 6 tours and let him retire as undisputed goat

Reactions: Sandisfan