• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 525 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
only that Pog is not Leverkusen but Real M., in football terms, of course
But the UAE team is now dominating against Real Madrid

mancityrealmadrid.jpg

At this point i just want Pogi to break every climbing record that exist , win 6 tours and let him retire as undisputed goat
that's unacceptable, he's better than that, 15-20 monuments, 5-6 Tour, 3-4 Giro and all the one-week World Tour races and 6-7 Strada Bianche, anything below that I'd be disappointed because I think in the next 4 - 5 years, almost all his, wherever he performed

I'm not interested in that first ciciban race, and we hope for Roubaix one day, even though it doesn't fit into any Grand Tour Pogacar plans in the next 5 years, I sincerely hope for a Roubaix, even though to win the race you have to perform first....
My question wasn't if you're interested or not, cause Pogacar is. Unless you claim that Pogacar follows your interests?
So, as you're such a knowledgeable poster, you should be able to tell me when and how many times he's gonna win it?

My question wasn't if you're interested or not, cause Pogacar is. Unless you claim that Pogacar follows your interests?
So, as you're such a knowledgeable poster, you should be able to tell me when and how many times he's gonna win it?
ok, boss, as soon as I wake up tomorrow, I'll send you a briefing by email, detailed, of course, in which km of attack and which years are involved, stay tuned 😉

Where is this Pogacar "hate" some of you are crying about for pages on end? What I see are two camps where one is foaming at the mouth believing in the promise of a +20% year on year improvement and some posters acknowledging he is the best allround road racer in the world, but what we are seeing so far, is as expected and very much in line with previous efforts.

Some may go as far as to bring up past instances where he has been beaten, this is the extend of "hate" I see here.

I think most if not all negative sentiment is pointet towards some posters that come off a little "much". Nothing towards Pogacar, really.

As to posters finding this "entertaining" then that's fine and subjective, but if you are extreme in your comments, you will get push back. But at least try to seperat that from hate of the rider in question, else you are gatekeeping the thread with this hate blaming.

Where is this Pogacar "hate" some of you are crying about for pages on end? What I see are two camps where one is foaming at the mouth believing in the promise of a +20% year on year improvement and some posters acknowledging he is the best allround road racer in the world, but what we are seeing so far, is as expected and very much in line with previous efforts.

Some may go as far as to bring up past instances where he has been beaten, this is the extend of "hate" I see here.

I think most if not all negative sentiment is pointet towards some posters that come off a little "much". Nothing towards Pogacar, really.

As to posters finding this "entertaining" then that's fine and subjective, but if you are extreme in your comments, you will get push back. But at least try to seperat that from hate of the rider in question, else you are gatekeeping the thread with this hate blaming.
I agree with much here its totally okei to disagree, criticize every rider even if its facts and not disingenuous cause thats just not nececarry whoever it is imo.

Pogacar has been beaten and can very well be beaten again. If we take Vingegaard which i myself rate very highly in GT so highly that if Pogacar is not 100% hes shown he can beat him two times thats facts but if people are open about it and have real discussion about it thats just nice too but compare a injured Pogacar alone and neglect everything else and run with that becomes false thats all and the same ofcourse apply to everyone else and every rider out there it becomes disingenuous to very tro.... for me atleast and I just find that very wierd and poor taste and if anything very telling and I dont see the need for it, thats my only point and I take it further ive never seen anyone in that thread having the need to do that, i think thats very telling. - Imagine 4 people coming into Vingegaard thread with the constant need to argue since Kuss beat him in the vuelta hes the better GT rider and having to discuss that over and over thats some sort of gatekeeping too and maby disingenuous? ;) I do think someone also feel that way and nothing against the other riders etc if you get me.

As long as its honest and real I dont think anyone have any problem with anything thats my two cents on it atleast were not the riders were all just basing things from what we see on the roads so if ppl stick too that and most to everyone do that too is my experience so no hate. Sorry this was long but yeah thats my two cent about it, good post tho and I agree but for me it doesnt apply to Pogacar alone its also apply for me to everyone else, Vingegaard, Rolig, Evenpoel Tobias Foss, Vdp whoever it is every rider as long as its real and not people with an agenda its nice and fruitful.

Will he win MSR and Paris-Roubaix and how many times?
MSR is a lottery but Pogacar has the skillset in that he could always be a contender and can win in different ways. Who knows.

PR will probably have to be later, but things can change depending on what he does and wins the next few years.

Maybe he wants to do it earlier than that just to set himself a new challenge. He sets himself new challenges almost every year and I think that is important to stay motivated for him.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Im sure many believe im a Pogacar fan hehe which im not. Let me just say if I see anyone beat Pogacar when hes at 100% I would have zero problem shouting that to whoever needed to hear that if someone else is suddenly stronger when hes at 100% if be it Evenpoel suddenly or if Vingegaard beats him when hes at 100% or close , Mvdp in flandern or whoever it be thats just nice and just as intriguing as it is that hes so historical strong now it would just add more to that if anyone was suddenly stronger for me so nothing bad with that if that should turn out to become the case.

My life wouldnt be any worse at any % if someone should be better suddenly if anything just add more to the sport maby.. What it really is however at this moment in time real recognize real it all it is nothing else! Im not a fanboy with profile picture or pogacar merch i can distinguish between the two and be objective in my line of work(finance) thats the most normal thing in life.

Needed to add that here in case which im sure you and many more think im a Pogacar fanboy properly with good reasons too which im not. Im a fanboy if greatness whoever it is.

Last edited:
Im sure many believe im a Pogacar fan hehe which im not. Let me just say if I see anyone beat Pogacar when hes at 100% I would have zero problem shouting that to whoever needed to hear that if someone else is suddenly stronger when hes at 100% if be it Evenpoel suddenly or if Vingegaard beats him when hes at 100% or close , Mvdp in flandern thats just nice and just as intriguing as it is that hes so historical strong now it would just add more to that if anyone was suddenly stronger for me so nothing bad with that if that should turn out to become the case.

My life wouldnt be any worse at any % if someone should be better suddenly if anything just add more to the sport maby.. What it really is however at this moment in time real recognize real it all it is nothing else! Im not a fanboy with profile picture or pogacar merch i can distinguish between the two and be objective in my line of work(finance) thats the most normal thing in life.

Needed to add that here in case which im sure you and many more think im a Pogacar fanboy properly with good reasons too which im not. Im a fanboy if greatness whoever it is.

But you are claiming the right to decide the "facts" just about everything we discuss here have some part that is subjective or guesswork, based on our biases. If you can't accept that the "facts" or "truth" most times lie somewhere in between two arguments, then you might as well keep the thread as the echo chamber some are calling for.

MSR is a lottery but Pogacar has the skillset in that he could always be a contender and can win in different ways. Who knows.

PR will probably have to be later, but things can change depending on what he does and wins the next few years.

Maybe he wants to do it earlier than that just to set himself a new challenge. He sets himself new challenges almost every year and I think that is important to stay motivated for him.
I do believe MSR is the worst for Pogacar not only cause Poggio is so easy but also beacuse of the downhill maby so even more. In case he should get a gap it would be hard for him to maintain it down there honestly without risking the season atleast. And theres also better downhill riders than him in that race. The course sucks the most for him more so than PR will is my belief.

I know all of that. I was asking Mou to share his knowledge.
I think Pogi will try Roubaix depending on his MSR success. If he wins it, say next year, I'd guess he'll go for the Vuelta sooner rather than later and then he'll definitely give PR a serious try.
If he never wins MSR I won't be surprised if he doesn't even ride PR.

Reactions: AmRacer
But you are claiming the right to decide the "facts" just about everything we discuss here have some part that is subjective or guesswork, based on our biases. If you can't accept that the "facts" or "truth" most times lie somewhere in between two arguments, then you might as well keep the thread as the echo chamber some are calling for.
if someone argue Pog wasnt injured last season then so be it my friend then thats not genuin it really isnt and its as simple as that im sorry but it is. Im not deciding that thats really really obvious for anyone with not an agenda and if not its the definition of drawing a false narrative based on what weve seen, know and heard and not me deciding anything cmon now. If it wasnt for something as we know as that I would even agree to that point of yours but cmon now.

Nvm i get your point and im sure you do mine too we can have this 1one1 if you want so we dont gatekeep it hehe, its no hard feeling i get your point and much i agree with if not all even. This is easy stuff just dont bring up false narratives and have a agenda basic easy stuff really and again its not Pogacar related anything less then other riders too,. If im gonne maby be so bold and say please dont get provoked i get that its hard if someone dont like Pogacar to do that but again really not me who decides that.

Thats just my two cents on the matter i will shut up about it now soo it wont get repetetive more so than it is sorry hehe. Im sure you get my point and i do yours too!

Last edited:
I'll let you in on a little secret for Liege. Pog simulated the race pace for Liege in training and towards the end of training he simulated La Redoute and Roche Faucons on a small hill of 1.25 km and 10.1% gradient. The results are as follows: the first 750m was at a pace similar to that what will the UAE team do on Redoute in a time of 1:43 min. and the last 500m he went for exactly 1 minute in full attack mode and broke the hill record by a full 23 seconds in a time of 2:43 min. and now if there is anyone who is intrigued by these data, feel free to calculate how much Pog will destroy them all on Sunday, including MVDP in peek form from Flanders and Roubaix. I know that some people don't like me to give away the plot of the film before watching the premiere on Sunday on the big screen, but for those people who want to have confirmation of what kind Pog will see, I tell them, they will see GOAT

I'll let you in on a little secret for Liege. Pog simulated the race pace for Liege in training and towards the end of training he simulated La Redoute and Roche Faucons on a small hill of 1.25 km and 10.1% gradient. The results are as follows: the first 750m was at a pace similar to that what will the UAE team do on Redoute in a time of 1:43 min. and the last 500m he went for exactly 1 minute in full attack mode and broke the hill record by a full 23 seconds in a time of 2:43 min. and now if there is anyone who is intrigued by these data, feel free to calculate how much Pog will destroy them all on Sunday, including MVDP in peek form from Flanders and Roubaix. I know that some people don't like me to give away the plot of the film before watching the premiere on Sunday on the big screen, but for those people who want to have confirmation of what kind Pog will see, I tell them, they will see GOAT
I think that Strava segment just has bad elevation data…

Reactions: Slavique Nuke
if someone argue Pog wasnt injured last season then so be it my friend then thats not genuin it really isnt and its as simple as that im sorry but it is. Im not deciding that thats really really obvious for anyone with not an agenda and if not its the definition of drawing a false narrative based on what weve seen and not me deciding anything cmon now. If it wasnt for someonthing as we know as that I would even agree to that point of yours but cmon now.

Nvm i get your point and im sure you do mine too we can have this 1one1 if you want so we dont gatekeep it hehe, its no hard feeling i get your point and much i agree with if not all even. This is easy stuff just dont bring up false narratives and have a agenda basic easy stuff really. If im gonne maby be so bold and say please dont get provoked i get that its hard if somone dont like Pogacar to do that but again really not me who decides that.

Well no one has said he didn't crash in LBL, but the severity and consequences of that crash can of course be discussed. Don't think anyone of us has seen the x-rays and so on. This is what is being discussed because it's guesswork and you can look at it from different angles.

This is where things become gray and not black and white.

Reactions: velaso montador
Well no one has said he didn't crash in LBL, but the severity and consequences of that crash can of course be discussed. Don't think anyone of us has seen the x-rays and so on. This is what is being discussed because it's guesswork and you can look at it from different angles.

very serious and complicated injury, much worse than Remco's current one, he could not rely on his hand on roller for 15 days and had multiple fractures in his wrist. after he returned to real training, he started from 0, something similar to what the fisherman will d
soon do

Yes if the merrit is discussed on how effected he is i agree ofcourse thats objective indeed I cant know that nor can anyone else not familiar or close to the team i guess. But its a difference betwen that how effected he is and saying hes not effected at all, thats when it becomes totally disingenuous and drawing of own narratives which just is not true even and so silly and my whole point. And as long as we know hes effected he obvious will not be 100% then it becomes another discussion and guesswork as you say again which is fine and i totally agree with - again :)

Last edited:
Reactions: kn0s

You are going to have to accept @mou has access to details others don’t