• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Chewbacca Defense Fun

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
Very nice comment. Thanks...though some would argue that I'm really a bullsh!tter. :)

Problem is that he thinks he knows more about what to do than his attorneys. Dude's a nightmare client.

As long as he's paying turn his cash into lemonade!

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Red Lobster said:
Happy day TFF!

The worst few weeks of my life were the weeks leading up to taking the Bar. Only time in my life I would wake up in the middle of the night from stress unable to go back to sleep ... I'd get up and start studying again at 3am or whatever and my wife would be like WTF are you doing???

Then taking the bar ... during the second day they started setting up an outdoor concert venue right outside the building in which we were taking the test ... and in the middle of the second afternoon they go to soundcheck and crank up Tracy Chapman's "Gimme One Reason" at a volume that shook my table. I think they made it through the fcuking song three times before someone managed to stop them. For a highly frazzled brain that was just lovely. Still hate that song.

Anyway, I know what you've been through and know it feels good to be on the other side! Congrats!

Yep, I was more afraid of the MBE than the essays. First day though, I'm in the middle of my last essay, and the guy taps on the mic and stays there is 15 minutes left, and then starts giving instructions on what to do afterwards. Well, I'm right in front of one of the speakers, and even with earplugs in, I couldn't do anything but wait. After about 20 seconds of instructions, I said audibly, "Shut the f*ck up." Then about 10 seconds later, in a much louder voice "SHUT THE FU*K UP!!" I don't think he could hear me, but all 5 people I could see stared right at me. Fortunately, he shut the fu*k up.

A couple of years ago, right in the middle of the essays, the power went completely out and stayed out for awhile. People couldn't really see too well to write, and laptop batteries ran out. It was uncool, and they gave not a single second more time...even though the electronic clocks were off too.

It's hazing.

ChewbaccaD said:
Yep, I was more afraid of the MBE than the essays. First day though, I'm in the middle of my last essay, and the guy taps on the mic and stays there is 15 minutes left, and then starts giving instructions on what to do afterwards. Well, I'm right in front of one of the speakers, and even with earplugs in, I couldn't do anything but wait. After about 20 seconds of instructions, I said audibly, "Shut the f*ck up." Then about 10 seconds later, in a much louder voice "SHUT THE FU*K UP!!" I don't think he could hear me, but all 5 people I could see stared right at me. Fortunately, he shut the fu*k up.

A couple of years ago, right in the middle of the essays, the power went completely out and stayed out for awhile. People couldn't really see to well to write, and laptop batteries ran out. It was uncool, and they gave not a single second more time...even though the electronic clocks were off too.

It's hazing.

Maybe they throw some kind of unexpected sh!t at everyone, hazing like you said. All I know is thank god that's over and done with for my lifetime.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
Thanks Hiero.

In spite of the snark - I am serious - just in case you doubted. And I am sure you WILL do well - you have a skill with words and arguments. As evidenced here. I'll shut my mouth now before I mess it up with more snark.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Seeing that this little soirée has taken on the feeling of a graduation/reunion/retirement party...

Chewie, do you still have that screen shot from when you returned from a ban (as TFF) only to immediately carpet bomb the entire forum with near-identical posts in every, single sub-forum so that every topic had the sub-title "by Thoughtforfood"? :D

Of course that lead to another immediate ban, if I recall. :p

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Granville57 said:
Seeing that this little soirée has taken on the feeling of a graduation/reunion/retirement party...

Chewie, do you still have that screen shot from when you returned from a ban (as TFF) only to immediately carpet bomb the entire forum with near-identical posts in every, single sub-forum so that every topic had the sub-title "by Thoughtforfood"? :D

Of course that lead to another immediate ban, if I recall. :p

I'd forgotten about that. Not sure why the mods got so freaked out about that :D

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
a32cdeae2f350aaec9818712f8ecf215e5.png

Congrats, dude! :D

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
Can you say bow tie?

Nope. Cain't say bow tah. But, I cahn express an opinion about "wigs required". You do know, the position even dictates the style of wig worn? Now, that may be just a standard practice sort of application - but condsidering how much hair you have (or don't, as you claim), a wig of any sort might be welcome, eh?

Any way - I am glad for ya. I had little doubt that you would pass the bar. Glad that you have done so now.

When I decide to establish a new L.A.W., I'm gonna contact you first to establish that the L.A.B has no specific historic right to the name. Of course, it will likely never happen, but I'll call you first if it does.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
hiero2 said:
Nope. Cain't say bow tah. But, I cahn express an opinion about "wigs required". You do know, the position even dictates the style of wig worn? Now, that may be just a standard practice sort of application - but condsidering how much hair you have (or don't, as you claim), a wig of any sort might be welcome, eh?

Any way - I am glad for ya. I had little doubt that you would pass the bar. Glad that you have done so now.

When I decide to establish a new L.A.W., I'm gonna contact you first to establish that the L.A.B has no specific historic right to the name. Of course, it will likely never happen, but I'll call you first if it does.

I'll do it pro bono.

And thanks everyone. I can relax finally.

mods

spot on chewie..........you have done yersel proud

i hope mods are reading.....................and will reflect when considering bannination in the future

such action against our esteemed pillar of the community would be disrespectful

Mark L

May 27, 2012
Visit site
ebandit said:
spot on chewie..........you have done yersel proud

i hope mods are reading.....................and will reflect when considering bannination in the future

such action against our esteemed pillar of the community would be disrespectful

Mark L

And usually completely warranted...maybe if I become a judge, they'll respect my authoriti.