• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Hitch 10,000th post thread! - Congratulations!

"It's less than five months to the start of the 2012 Giro d'Italia in Herning, and the build-up to the corsa rosa continues to gather pace with the launch of the publicity campaign for the event billed as the world's toughest race in the world's most beautiful place.

Opening the Giro to the wider world and the reaching out to that global audience by way of social media are set to be two of the key themes of new director Michele Acquarone's first year at the helm.

The sleeves and collar of the new maglia rosa will be decorated with tweets from riders and fans alike about what the hallowed jersey signifies to them, while the very design of the jersey was chosen via a Facebook poll.

In another new departure, the models who will grace the race's official posters were selected from the Giro's global band of tifosi by way of a competition launched on the race's official Facebook page in November to find the "next pink fighters" - cycling fans with a particular passion for the values espoused by the three weeks of racing in Italy every May.

The three lucky winners were Asbjørn Johansen from Norway, Ivan Cvpd from Spain and Italy's own Andrea Ponta."

So Hitch; we've narrowed your true identity down to three possibilities. Are you Asbjorn, Ivan or Andrea?

:p

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch 10,000th post thread! - Congratulations!

A similar thread was made for me where everyone either got to congratulate me or take the **** out of me. I think we need a thread for The Hitch's milestone post mark.

FYI, he's not there yet and we certainly hope he doesn't start deleting posts to make me look like an idiot for making this thread.:p

Better make it a good post The Hitch!

Its just not the same a 2nd time.

Everyone knows Niel Armstrong, Roger Bannister, Edmund Hillary.

From the 2nd places I only know Buzz Aldrin (or was it the other guy).

Ill try to catch you by 40 000 ;)

Ps, Im going to sleep now, and holding out hope that a 10 000th post will go into a "Alberto Contador cleared" thread:p

May 14, 2010
Visit site
OMG, ACF, I never before realized you have like 15k posts. No wonder Cadel won this time. He must have felt that extra little push of energy from all your postings. Phenomenal!

As for The Hitch - one more post to go, my man, make it count. And congrats - that's a lot of (mostly) cycling talk.

PS. And it looks like I'm only - but exactly - 8000 posts behind you. :p

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:

Amundsen is probably a lot more famous, but I'd say Scott is fairly known as well.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:

Ill try to catch you by 40 000 ;)

Ps, Im going to sleep now, and holding out hope that a 10 000th post will go into a "Alberto Contador cleared" thread:p

Fair enough, But I thought you deserved a slap on the back ;)

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Congrats@ The Hitch.

I think most of it wasn't like "Cadel crash" "Crash" "Attack" "Gap now 10 sec, 12 sec, 14 sec, 9 sec" "lefthander now" " "I hate Lance, look I am awesome"

So, take this as compliment. Quality is more important than quantity I think. You are one of a few who can do both at the same time.

You just have to get rid of that excessive Giro-love, which includes Tour-hate and boring redundant devaluating of everything that is not the Giro or a Giro mountain. The only thing that I have to critizise.
Just imagine that you can love all races, all Gts, as long as they are not on same date. Just imagine that there are people out there who are able to follow and love both, a race in Mai and in Juli. Wow.

Finally, you should be very happy with my praise. Believe me. :D

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Over ten thousand posts!
One hundred forty-five threads started!
Wow! If this were a group ride, you'd never have to buy your own round.
Nice pace, Lad.

Cobblestoned said:
Congrats@ The Hitch.

I think most of it wasn't like "Cadel crash" "Crash" "Attack" "Gap now 10 sec, 12 sec, 14 sec, 9 sec" "lefthander now" " "I hate Lance, look I am awesome"

So, take this as compliment. Quality is more important than quantity I think. You are one of a few who can do both at the same time.

You just have to get rid of that excessive Giro-love, which includes Tour-hate and boring redundant devaluating of everything that is not the Giro or a Giro mountain. The only thing that I have to critizise.
Just imagine that you can love all races, all Gts, as long as they are not on same date. Just imagine that there are people out there who are able to follow and love both, a race in Mai and in Juli. Wow.

Finally, you should be very happy with my praise. Believe me. :D

what the **** is wrong with iI giro?

This feels a bit like my birthday. Lots of people congratulating me, and I don't really know why:p

Thanks for the messages nonetheless.

Quixote said:
Over ten thousand posts!
One hundred forty-five threads started!
Wow! If this were a group ride, you'd never have to buy your own round.
Nice pace, Lad.

145. Wow. Thanks for the stat. I did start the thread for the majority of stages in 3 straight gts though, so I guess it works out.

ACF has got me owned in that regard though. This is his 263rd by my count.

Zam_Olyas said:
you need to go out more :p

I d go out, honest. I'm one of those students who does absolutely no work other than staying up all night writing an essay the day it is due. So I have so much free time, I might as well spend it here.

I'd be very interested to see who the top poster was for this year. My post per day count at this stage last year was 24, and its come down to 18.1, so I assume I may have been doing around 14-17 for the year.

ACF meanwhile was on about 14 and now hes up to 16.5 so I guess he had to be doing 16-17 a day or some such..

Then theres the dark horse El Pistolero, who was just another occasional poster back in Novemeber or so last year, and now hes rocketed to a 5th in the all time standnings with 8000 posts, and 3rd ppd wise with 15.3

He also had an amazing 18 posts per day for the last month, while I only managed 12 and ACF 10.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
:D

I predict my 10,000 in the giro when slagter takes pink ;)

i predict my 5,000 in LBL when rui costa wins it and the 10,000 by the vuelta when machado takes the red on the last itt ahead of contador :cool:

iirc i had around 200 posts during the volta ao algarve of last year so in a little less then 11 months i made around 3.4k posts which gives me an average of about 10ppd, but i haven't been posting a lot this off-season so i could have a greater post count :p

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I'd be very interested to see who the top poster was for this year. My post per day count at this stage last year was 24, and its come down to 18.1, so I assume I may have been doing around 14-17 for the year.

ACF meanwhile was on about 14 and now hes up to 16.5 so I guess he had to be doing 16-17 a day or some such..

Then theres the dark horse El Pistolero, who was just another occasional poster back in Novemeber or so last year, and now hes rocketed to a 5th in the all time standnings with 8000 posts, and 3rd ppd wise with 15.3

He also had an amazing 18 posts per day for the last month, while I only managed 12 and ACF 10.

You sure I was on 14? I am pretty sure my average was higher last year than it was this year.