• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Hitch 10,000th post thread! - Congratulations!

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
ACF Post breakdown

acfpb.jpg
Grrr, if only I knew how to use Excel and then post it up on the forum.:eek:

gregrowlerson said:
ACF is well used to receiving anti posts around here, so I'm sure he will take my good natured jibe all in his stride :D
Yes, what doesn't kill me makes me stronger! It is clear that I am having a large impact on the forum!:D

gregrowlerson said:
"It's less than five months to the start of the 2012 Giro d'Italia in Herning, and the build-up to the corsa rosa continues to gather pace with the launch of the publicity campaign for the event billed as the world's toughest race in the world's most beautiful place.

Opening the Giro to the wider world and the reaching out to that global audience by way of social media are set to be two of the key themes of new director Michele Acquarone's first year at the helm.

The sleeves and collar of the new maglia rosa will be decorated with tweets from riders and fans alike about what the hallowed jersey signifies to them, while the very design of the jersey was chosen via a Facebook poll.

In another new departure, the models who will grace the race's official posters were selected from the Giro's global band of tifosi by way of a competition launched on the race's official Facebook page in November to find the "next pink fighters" - cycling fans with a particular passion for the values espoused by the three weeks of racing in Italy every May.

The three lucky winners were Asbjørn Johansen from Norway, Ivan Cvpd from Spain and Italy's own Andrea Ponta."

So Hitch; we've narrowed your true identity down to three possibilities. Are you Asbjorn, Ivan or Andrea?

:p

Sorry, I never saw this post, only ACFs op.

Im neither of those guys.

However, seeing as how you assume I am model material, 1 of 3 finalists for a model competition, I guess that you saw my picture in the post your face pic thread:p

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Here is one for you math people?

So today is Monday 9th of January 18:30 CET.

The Hitch has 10,444 posts with 18.19 ppd ratio.

ACF94 has 15,314 posts with a 16.33 ppd ratio.

Provided that both posters keep up this exact ppd ratio, on what exact day will The Hitch pass ACF94? Keep in mind that this is a leap year.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Where's The Hog when we need an accurate prediction? :D:D

I think the article should have added the posts of Damiano Machiavelli, dimspace, and Eva Maria to their respective alter egos.

Christian said:

Provided that both posters keep up this exact ppd ratio, on what exact day will The Hitch pass ACF94? Keep in mind that this is a leap year.

11th of March 2019 ;)

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Christian said:

But what about the Quality of their PPD's ? I mean one could use a lot of amphetamines to increase PPD's, but will it affect them as much as one taking EPO to be able to produce high quallity PPD's for a longer time ?

Eshnar said:
Yeah after trackstanding for months, finally over 20,000! Congratz :D

Yeah, what was the deal with that? I kept noticing it was like 19998 or something and then it kept going down, and up, and down. How does that happen? Also, why?

Regardless, that's a goddamn lotta posts. And, as it's been said on this thread, what's most impressive is that so much of those posts and responses are thoughtful and detailed.

skidmark said:
Yeah, what was the deal with that? I kept noticing it was like 19998 or something and then it kept going down, and up, and down. How does that happen? Also, why?

Regardless, that's a goddamn lotta posts. And, as it's been said on this thread, what's most impressive is that so much of those posts and responses are thoughtful and detailed.
That's easy, delete your own posts and the count goes down. No other way :)