• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

¡Adiós!

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
pastronef said:
Zabriskie races his last race today at Lombardia (as written on the CN live feed for the race)

shame for his fall and broken bones at Tour Of Cali last spring, he could have ended better

(please leave the clinic comments to the clinic)

I liked the Guns'n'Roses quote he put in there: nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain :cool:

Now I got that song stuck in my head :)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
That's sad to hear. Always have liked Flecha. A solid rider that isn't afraid to go on the attack.

Is not finding a contract for 2014 his reason for retiring?

:(

Might just be me, but I don't remember so many of "my" guys stopping earlier years... maybe it's got something to do with when I started watching, so those I "grew up in the sport with" (so to speak) have reached an age when they're starting to stop.
Starting to stop, can you even say that? :p

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Kloeden retires

Former Tour de France contender Andreas Klöden has decided to end his cycling career, walking away from the sport at 38 years of age. The German rider was part of the RadioShack Leopard team but was unable to agree satisfactory terms to continue in the sport, with dpa reporting that negotiations had failed.

Source

all of them retired now.....:(((((

59550_469966322462_344760_n.jpg

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Lol, what a fantastic picture. They were one heck of a dynamic trio back in the day.

Good luck with what lies ahead Klodi! Sad to see you go but you definitely made the right choice :eek:

TRENDING THREADS