• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

¡Adiós!

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Scrolling back upward, this last page is pretty depressing. Except for Nordhaug, I thought everyone on it still have more things to offer and to gain on the road, but certainly they themselves don't think so. Being a pro cyclist seems to be a not very fun endeavor even for those who love cycling so much.

Matt Brammeier (Aquablue), four times Irish RR champion, announces his retirement as a rider. He will be joining British Cycling as lead academy coach for their men’s endurance program.

Apart from his national RR (and on one occasion TT) wins, the most notable thing about his pro career is that it happened at all - he was hit by a cement truck as an espoir and badly injured.

Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
Matt Brammeier (Aquablue), four times Irish RR champion, announces his retirement as a rider. He will be joining British Cycling as lead academy coach for their men’s endurance program.

Apart from his national RR (and on one occasion TT) wins, the most notable thing about his pro career is that it happened at all - he was hit by a cement truck as an espoir and badly injured.
And that it continued after this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h3Sb9Tr3XE

Re: Re:

GenericBoonenFan said:
Zinoviev Letter said:

And that it continued after this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h3Sb9Tr3XE

Yeah, the dude has come back from some pretty grim incidents.

Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Armand de Las Cuevas passed away, at the age of 50.
He allegedly killed himself.

He was among the best french riders in the nineties, former teammate of Miguel Indurain.
Winner of San Sebastian in 1994 and Dauphiné in 1998.
De Las Cuevas as well won the prologue of the legendary 1994 Giro d'Italia beating rocket fueled Evgeni Berzin by 2 seconds! Eventually he would finish 9th on the general classification, ahead of former Tour of Italy winner Andrew Hampsten.

What a sad ending. Was he seriously ill (mentally or physically) and took his way out of the disease? :cry:

GuyIncognito said:
I don't get this guy's career

At 32 he starts showing he has a great sprint that he can rely on - too much, to the point he throws away results, but that's another story - and becomes a different rider

How on earth does that happen? How do you suddenly discover you can sprint like that?
He just became a different type of rider.
*awkward silence*
*aside glances*

GuyIncognito said:
Finn84 said:

I don't get this guy's career

At 32 he starts showing he has a great sprint that he can rely on - too much, to the point he throws away results, but that's another story - and becomes a different rider

How on earth does that happen? How do you suddenly discover you can sprint like that?
He just became a different type of rider.
All I’m going to say is that it’s a mystery to me how he’s stayed out of the Clinic.

ClassicomanoLuigi said:
staubsauger said:
Karsten Migels just claimed on Eurosport that Franco Pellizotti ends his career at the end of the year. Is that indeed a correct information? My latest information was that Pellizotti still races in 2019!
Some recent sources say Pellizotti will retire, I don't know if it's true

https://caferoubaix.com/2018/08/01/2018-19-confirmed-transfers/
"Franco Pellizotti - Out (Retired)"
https://www.velonews.com/2018/06/news/bahrain-merida-banking-nibali-win-paris_470599
"Franco Pellizotti likely to retire at the end of this season"
Oh no. I wanted him to race one last Giro d'Italia! :(

Maybe he wins the Pyrenees stage of the Vuelta a Espana from a breakaway group. Would be a nice way to say goodbye.

TRENDING THREADS