• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Étoile de Bessèges 2021 (February 3-7)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Those aren't parked cars. This is a classic small race thing. It's just oncoming traffic being stopped and directed to the side of the road when the front of the race reaches them. It makes racing super nervous and dangerous.

I could understand that happening in a amateur race (cat.2 or lower) because organisers simply wouldn't have the means to completely block traffic, but a cat.1 race? And coming directly towads a full peloton like that.

Hate it! Especially given what happened in Denmark two years ago...

I could understand that happening in a amateur race (cat.2 or lower) because organisers simply wouldn't have the means to completely block traffic, but a cat.1 race? And coming directly towads a full peloton like that.

Hate it! Especially given what happened in Denmark two years ago...

completely agree, it's not a good look for a pro-level race. it's really sketchy the way the peloton has to weave to miss the cars.

Good win for Laporte, definitely the strongest. Surprisingly strong showing from Nacer as well. Hoping to see more battles between the two. Wow, it feels good to watch some competetive bike racing again! Cyclocross is fun, but road racing is something else...I felt that there was some semblance of normalcy for a while. It was nice.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Translated : "For the fall that occurred 6 km from the finish, a technical problem on the terminal of the last 3 km did not allow us to identify all the runners, therefore they are credited with the same time."

But there was no fall/incident (unless I missed it) in the last 3 km so shouldn't just the actual finishing times have to count for every rider instead of identifying the group at 3km? Or am I missing something here?

Translated : "For the fall that occurred 6 km from the finish, a technical problem on the terminal of the last 3 km did not allow us to identify all the runners, therefore they are credited with the same time."
I don't get it. What about the gaps created during the last 3 km?
There were riders taking it easy on the last hill and coming in a minute (or more) down. Why should they still be in contention for the GC?

Clipboard.jpg

Who dat Jake Stewart?

Brit trackie kid.

Reactions: Sandisfan