• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Škoda Tour de Luxembourg 2021 (September 14-18)

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bob Jungels was 64th today, 3:03 mins down - he lacked more than four kms/h compared to the winner...

Seems that Jungels is still quite far from his best after his recent leg health problems.

I hope and wish him he will be back at his best in future... Normally, being the old Jungels, he would have fought for Top-5 today...
He had a mechanical during the TT but yeah, very far from his peak level anyway.
He says he starting to feel OK though.

What is the relevance of the long Masnada post in the Tour of Luxembourg thread ?
EZz1b8_WkAMPxWU.jpg

Cosnefroy actually had a gap and then sat up and looked around for Hirschi & Almeida to re-join. Why didn't he at least try to pull through?

Vendrame kinda slept as well by not placing the counterattack when positioning himself near the front afterwards.

Yeah, it was very strange. He did open up a gap, then sat up so a bunch of riders came back together for the final km. Maybe he didn't quite know the finish. Gaudu showed a bit more of a kick than I thought he had.

It was a really pleasant stage to watch. I had to organize a bunch of files in Dropbox involving some really boring scanning/sorting so the pastoral landscape of Luxembourg was a nice backdrop. So there's that.

Reactions: Sandisfan and noob
Cosnefroy actually had a gap and then sat up and looked around for Hirschi & Almeida to re-join. Why didn't he at least try to pull through?

Vendrame kinda slept as well by not placing the counterattack when positioning himself near the front afterwards.

It looked so weird. Almost as if they all waited on each other to do some kind of "fair competition". (obviously didn't, but sure made it look weird) Meanwhile Gaudu: "screw you guys I'm going home" :sweatsmile:

TRENDING THREADS