• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

'03 Fondriest BB: Eng or ITA?

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I have an '03 Fondriest Top Level Aluminum frame. Can anyone tell me if it has an English or Italian threaded BB.

Getting a new frame and want to know if I can re-use the BB. Sent e-mails to Fondriest with no response and the US Distributor didn't know.

Need to know if I have to get a new BB.

Cooper said:
I have an '03 Fondriest Top Level Aluminum frame. Can anyone tell me if it has an English or Italian threaded BB.

Getting a new frame and want to know if I can re-use the BB. Sent e-mails to Fondriest with no response and the US Distributor didn't know.

Need to know if I have to get a new BB.

If ya have the frame, take it to a bike shop or measure the width of the BB shell..if 70mm, probably italiano. If 68, english. I'm betting it's Italian threaded.

TRENDING THREADS