• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

100th Tre Valli Varesine (October 5th, 2021)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sprint talk? Pogacar the best to the point that i believe he may top 10 in Paris. Roglic 2nd after him. Nibali can be quick if he wants or situation is right. Sometimes he shown it in some flat-ish finishes of mountain Giro stages. Wasn't Frank faster than Andy though? Remco? Theoretically, he should have a decent sprint but he barely shown any of it. I personally like it as it forces him to use more unusual, more entertaining strategies.

Here is the Nibali trouncing by Schleck:

And just to show off, here is Formolo winning a flattish bunch sprint:

:cool:

:dizzy: How can you always remember such things?

Well, with all this watching cycling, I would just be wasting my time if I forgot it all again ;)

I dunno, I have quite a good memory, especially when it comes to cycling.

My family always ask me which year we went somewhere on holiday because they know I can remember it because of what was going on in the Tour (or other races) at the time we were there.

My family always ask me which year we went somewhere on holiday because they know I can remember it because of what was going on in the Tour (or other races) at the time we were there.

Pro-Tip: Don't try to remember when - in the year - something happened last year based on what race you were watching at the time. "It was in May of 2020, and I was watching the Giro d'Italia - which took place in October that year. It was October of 2020... "

Well, with all this watching cycling, I would just be wasting my time if I forgot it all again ;)

I dunno, I have quite a good memory, especially when it comes to cycling.

Congratulations :D
I used to think my memory was not so bad because at school and university vocabulary and such wasn't a problem, but I can never remember any details. I couldn't even say how many goals were scored in Messi's Champions League finals... or give one quote from my favourite books. :cry:

Pro-Tip: Don't try to remember when - in the year - something happened last year based on what race you were watching at the time. "It was in May of 2020, and I was watching the Giro d'Italia - which took place in October that year. It was October of 2020... "

The thing is, I have an exact map in my mind of the order in which all the big races took place last year as well.

Congratulations :D
I used to think my memory was not so bad because at school and university vocabulary and such wasn't a problem, but I can never remember any details. I couldn't even say how many goals were scored in Messi's Champions League finals... or give one quote from my favourite books. :cry:

I'm quite terrible at remembering who scored in football matches as well, and I do watch a lot of that too.

When I was a child, I always remembered all the groups from the international tournaments and the whole tournament trees and a lot of results too, but that ability is definitely gone (if I made it a goal, I could probably become better at it, though, but it would require a conscious effort).

• Love
Reactions: noob and BlueRoads