• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

13/05 - 19/05: Tour of California

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

GenericBoonenFan said:
Maaaaaaaarten said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
RedheadDane said:
Would that "something" involve drinking a whole load of coffee to stay awake?
Probs, there are also more radical solutions.

Don't start snorting cocaine to stay up for the Tour of California man. It's not worth it. If you'd live on the other side of the world and it was necessary during the cobbled classics season, okay, but it's just the ToC man, don't do it!
I was gonna go jägerbombs but ohwell
Pals, there are enough smooth fully legal possibilities like Wellbutrin, Adderall, Ritalin or even Stablon! :D

All you need to claim is that you're completely desperate since Alberto Contador ended his career!

The GC field in this race may suck but at least it has as has as strong a sprint field as any race so far this year. It’s sort of bizarre that none of these guys are fighting Viviani and Bennett at the Giro, I mean Giro stages are the third most prestigious things sprinters can win, behind MSR and Tour stages.

Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
The GC field in this race may suck but at least it has as has as strong a sprint field as any race so far this year. It’s sort of bizarre that none of these guys are fighting Viviani and Bennett at the Giro, I mean Giro stages are the third most prestigious things sprinters can win, behind MSR and Tour stages.

For a few of them California makes sense. Gaviria is Vivianni's teammate. Sagan loves racing in California. Ewan is in California because M-S is going all in for GC at the Giro. Cav is coming off an injury. It appears Kittel and Kristoff are using California to start getting ready for the Tour.

Koronin said:
Zinoviev Letter said:

For a few of them California makes sense. Gaviria is Vivianni's teammate. Sagan loves racing in California. Ewan is in California because M-S is going all in for GC at the Giro. Cav is coming off an injury. It appears Kittel and Kristoff are using California to start getting ready for the Tour.

Sure, each guy has a reason but it strikes me as a bit odd that so many simultaneously have a reason.

If Egan Bernal doesn't win tomorrow, Ill change my avatar to the phenomenal, the one and only, the impeccable and always attacking and opportunistic Louis Meintjens for one year. Did you guys see his attack today, easily distancing the regining Tour and Vuelta champ today on Montagna Pantani? Stuff for the legends.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
If Egan Bernal doesn't win tomorrow, Ill change my avatar to the phenomenal, the one and only, the impeccable and always attacking and opportunistic Louis Meintjens for one year. Did you guys see his attack today, easily distancing the regining Tour and Vuelta champ today on Montagna Pantani? Stuff for the legends.

Man I’m rooting for Bernal, but if by some chance he loses, I’m gonna hold you to that! :p

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
I was going to cheer for Egan Bernal tomorrow. I am not sure anymore! :D

Koronin said:
Zinoviev Letter said:

I think it's mostly that they're all focusing on the Tour and the top sprinters don't seem to do back to back GTs very often these days