• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2009 Giro d'Italia... Who will win?

Who will win the 2009 Giro?

• Jose Serpa

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pretty simple. The 2009 Giro is just getting started! Who will win?

You may select up to three. I will randomly select a reader with correct pick.

Edit: Susan Westemeyer has yet to confirm, but winner may receive a free Biotracker app for their smart phone or computer. Biotracker downloads your favorite cyclists self-reported blood values and archives them for comparison year to year or between race favorites. You can even upload your own values for quick retrieval should you find yourself confronted with a panel of experts.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Willy_Voet said:
Pretty simple. The 2009 Giro is just getting started! Who will win?

If Menchov is busted, it will be an asterisk. I can't see them going any further down to award the winner, who may himself be busted later on.

Having said that, I voted Sastre, because no-one else had, and I felt sorry for him.

May 4, 2010
Visit site
*buzzes down from the darknees*
*blinks at the poll description*
umm... What time frame are you using to determine who won the Giro ?

As of the end of 2009 Giro : Menchov
As of now : Menchov
As of the start of 2010 Giro : probably Menchov but Sastre's stock has risen
For the very long term : LA (LA's umbrella is prolly most fit to weather the upcoming/ongoing Biological Passport/UCI storms)

*Buzzes back to wall, and melds into the darkness once again*

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Pellizotti can still be the winner. His "doping offence" occurred after the Giro and before the Tour. Techinically, according to the testers, he raced the Giro clean...

(dont shoot the messenger)

Willy_Voet said:
Edit: Susan Westemeyer has yet to confirm, but winner may receive a free Biotracker app for their smart phone or computer. Biotracker downloads your favorite cyclists self-reported blood values and archives them for comparison year to year or between race favorites. You can even upload your own values for quick retrieval should you find yourself confronted with a panel of experts.

Actually I was thinking the forum winner can win his or her choice of a doping control, either blood or urine, unannounced and at inconvenient time, of course.

Susan

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Actually I was thinking the forum winner can win his or her choice of a doping control, either blood or urine, unannounced and at inconvenient time, of course.

Susan
Do we have to report our whereabouts in order to participate?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts