• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2009 Tool(s) of the Year

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
List your tools (idiots) of the year who have made stupid comments, bad choices or have shown themselves to have no intelligence at all...

May i start with 2 people who are in a high role of professional cycling

- Mark Coucke
- Pat McQuaid

A

Anonymous

McQuaid. The 'no more positive tests in future tours' takes the cake.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
McQuaid. The 'no more positive tests in future tours' takes the cake.

+1
simply an idiot would say something like that.
Astarloza's positive test came public not so soon after the Tour, Tour of Portugal, lol...

1) Armstrong (People with poor impulse control and nasty personalities should avoid using Twitter.)
2) McQuaid (Has a hard time going more than two weeks during the season without saying something mindblowingly stupid.)
3) Wiggins (Gets a special, multi-year prize for having the worst haircut in cycling.)
4) Cavendish (At least he has the excuse of being young.)

Special addition for WIggo: Someone explain to what the hell he is wearing here. Unforunately I could not find the recent pic of him with Sky's new bike and manager where he looks like a second rate Austin Powers reject.

pres-wiggins.jpg

Well the pole taken a month or 2 ago revealed Paddy as the winner, er, umm, I mean loser!

Honourable mentions to ...
1. Pharmstrong - twittering away the nights
2. Most of Lotto's management
3. Wiggo's hair (gotta agree with BroDeal on that one)
4. Trolls :D

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
1) Armstrong (People with poor impulse control and nasty personalities should avoid using Twitter.)
2) McQuaid (Has a hard time going more than two weeks during the season without saying something mindblowingly stupid.)
3) Wiggins (Gets a special, multi-year prize for having the worst haircut in cycling.)
4) Cavendish (At least he has the excuse of being young.)

Special addition for WIggo: Someone explain to what the hell he is wearing here. Unforunately I could not find the recent pic of him with Sky's new bike and manager where he looks like a second rate Austin Powers reject.

pres-wiggins.jpg

LOL...........man you had me laughing here.....but seriously try and get out a bit more , its mod , its ok , just turn on MTV or buy a magazine, it will be allright...........:p

May 7, 2009
Visit site
peloton said:
+1
Astarloza's positive test came public not so soon after the Tour, Tour of Portugal, lol...

+2
Pat McQuaid. .... especially considering his position as President

I'm going to nominate Theo Bos for that crazy crash of Daryl Impey - yeah, yeah, I think the internet jury decided he didn't intentionally sling him, but he still took his hand off the bars and grabbed a fistfull of the race leaders' jersey in one of the most *** moves I've ever seen in a race.

Close 2nd for tool of the year award goes to Sproket01/Max Power/Arbiter/BanProCycling/BritishProCycling/RexHunter/Slayer/ blah blah blah blah I don't even feel like typing anymore of his many banned accounts. What a trolltard tool.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
BikeCentric said:
Close 2nd for tool of the year award goes to Sproket01/Max Power/Arbiter/BanProCycling/BritishProCycling/RexHunter/Slayer/ blah blah blah blah I don't even feel like typing anymore of his many banned accounts. What a trolltard tool.

Darn,

I was hoping someone out there was compiling a comprehensive list of all his various user-names. It gets hard to keep track of. Someone should track all these accounts and post them as a sticky warning thread that is updated every time a new one pops up.

A

Anonymous

jackhammer111, dude threatened to fly to Charlotte and kill me...

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
peloton said:
+1

+2 or someone supremely confident on their control of the sport and it's image.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I will get my Cadel fanboy hat on again and say mark Coucke

“You're not happy when you hear of such a transfer,” Coucke said. “Of course it is hard, but we have to continue.

“When Cadel Evans arrived with us, he was Mister Nobody.” He noted that Evans “will want to cash in on his [World Champion] rainbow jersey and he apparently got the chance to get a big raise.”

Mister Nobody hey, at 25 evans had
1st U-17 XC Australian MTB Champion
1st U-19 XC Australian MTB Champion
2nd U-19 XC Mountain Bike World Championchips
3rd U-19 XC Mountain Bike World Championchips
3rd Individual Time Trial Juniors World Championship
1st XC Australian MTB Champion
3rd U-23 XC Mountain Bike World Championchips
9th Atlanta Olympics Mountain Bike Race
1st XC Australian MTB Champion
2nd U-23 XC Mountain Bike World Championchips
1st Overall, Mountain Bike World Cup
1st Overall, Mountain Bike World Cup
1st Overall Tour of Tasmania
1st Stage 3
1st Young rider's competition Tour Down Under
2nd U23 XC Mountain Bike World Championchips
7th Sydney Olympics Mountain Bike Cross Country
1st Overall Tour of Austria
2nd Team Relay Mountain Bike World Championchips
1st Individual Time Trial Commonwealth Games
1st Stage 5 Tour Down Under
1st King Mountains Competition
1st Stage 1 Settimana Ciclistica Internazionale
1st Stage 4 International UNIQA Classic
2nd Road Race Commonwealth Games
3rd Overall Tour de Romandie
14th Overall Giro d'Italia
Held Maglia Rosa for Stage 16-17
1st King Mountains Competition Tour Down Under
1st Overall Tour of Austria
1st Stage 2

says a lot about what he knows about cycling. Also he comments on how he was cashing in on his value after the worlds. Firstly, the deal was close to being confirmed. Secondly, he personally had to pay out his contract from lotto. Thirdly, he will lose a considerable amount of what he would be originally earning at Lotto. BMC is a pro conti team.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
jackhammer111, dude threatened to fly to Charlotte and kill me...

I forgot about that. Was funny seeing the rage gashed into each keystroke appear on my LCD screen. Funny as all ******y. Hopefully we all get to see more funny raging and stupidity by the random fanboys in 2010.

TRENDING THREADS