• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2010 Amgen Tour to start in Nevada City?

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
2 questions

It starts in may in 10' right?
Has it been grated PT status?

Yes, the same time as the Giro. May 16 - 23. Which means teams will have to make a choice...actually I think sponsors will make the choice for them. With last years success and the U.S. market (est. 75 million cyclists) I'm sure the big teams will send their best (sans Italians).

Not yet. I believe PT status won't start until 2011.

“We will start to plan the new courses now. We are fairly decided on a particular mountain top finish. We definitely have one.” Whatever that finish is, I will be there!!!

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I predict the Druggie Tour of Kal-e-for-ne-ia (sez Arnold) will gut the Giro over time as it legnthens to two weeks (or more). The ASO can see this down the road (they own a piece of the DTK). The freeking Frogs are smarter than they look...at least on this count.

The grassy-knoll side of me thinks there is a secret ASO-LA conspiracy in all this.

...BTW, we had 1.5 million on the side of Kali's roads this year...and it rained most of the time.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Nice! It looks like October 6th all the details will be available. That mountain top finish will be at Big Bear. 12k of climbing then a 30 mile TT the next day...yikes!

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Kalifornia

I don't know what wrecktangle is speaking about in terms of drugs in cycling in California.
Up here in NORCAL we are drug free/ as white as the driven snow and as clean.
To put in point.... I went to the Sea Otter twice to see Tyler Hamilton and he never showed.
The Tour of California is clean and always will be at least in the Northern California stages.

TRENDING THREADS