• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2010 Giro di Sardegna

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Thank **** Astana is not racing so that Carboncrank can not come in here and tell us how RS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Astana for the 457453237325th time.

I don't hold anything against the RS per se, and I'm actually interested in how some of their younger lads in Busche, Rovny, and Hermans go. I'm interested in how Brajkovic will go, about time he had a break through year.

A very undulating course. Even the finish had a tough ramp. That's where Nibali disappeared.

Very strong headwinds too, although it was reasonably fine.

I saw it.........eventually. Came on 2 and a half hours late, but lasted for 40 minutes.
Great highlights. Didn't miss a thing.
Podium at both ends. The break forming, contesting the intermediate sprint and GPM, the break being sucked up in it's individual components.
Next, we had the attacks on the final climb, with Nibali in the mix. He's got Kreuziger working as domestique deluxe.
That managed to provide us with both echelons and a solo breakaway, down in the final valley.
A good Shack team, with Brajkovic and Horner. The latter looking like his final km attack had got him clear, but he soon ran out of steam.
Gavazzi against the two ISD for that win.

Great stuff.

stefrees said:
1. kreuziger
2.horner
3. voeckler

Don't need the spoiler space. It is annoying.

Looks like Horner really wants a stage win. He appears to desperately want to win things in Europe, knows that when he is working as a Bruyneel domestique he won't be given any freedom, so he tries to make the most out of races that he has the opportunity to ride for himself. Too bad he won't be given the chance to ride the Giro.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Don't need the spoiler space. It is annoying.

Looks like Horner really wants a stage win. He appears to desperately want to win things in Europe, knows that when he is working as a Bruyneel domestique he won't be given any freedom, so he tries to make the most out of races that he has the opportunity to ride for himself. Too bad he won't be given the chance to ride the Giro.

Horner missed his chance last year. His first chance to be the lead for a GT at the Vuelta and he crashed out early on. I'm not sure he's ever going to get another shot at his age.

kurtinsc said:
Horner missed his chance last year. His first chance to be the lead for a GT at the Vuelta and he crashed out early on. I'm not sure he's ever going to get another shot at his age.

I am not talking about a shot at GT GC. I am talking about anything. The dude was ecstatic when he won a stage of the Tour de Suisse a few years ago. It's like after winning so much in the U.S., he wants some euro wins to add more cred to his career.

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Horner 2nd, Carboncrank to tell us how great he and RS are. Oh wait...
Why did you mention Carboncrank two out of two times anyway, let it go please ;). RS is doing well here imo, with those two lightweights :).

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Horner 2nd, Carboncrank to tell us how great he and RS are. Oh wait...

Carboncrank is banned yet again. It appears he missed the part in the forum rules about not threatening to kill other posts and rape their wives.

Great day by Horner. Super form this early. If RS gets into the Giro is would be great to have him as the GC guy.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Chris putting the hammer down today

pic89144268_600.jpg

Rai didn't show yesterday's stage, as they couldn't or wouldn't interrupt the Olympics. A 12 km climb to the finish!:mad:

So, no report, but I was surprised to see Mr Class Kreuziger, take the win and GC lead.
On stage 1, Nibali was clearly team leader. Seems Liquigas changed tactics overnight. Nice to have the riders that allow for flexible tactics.
Horner looked good on st 1 and seems to have confirmed it, on st 2.
A Pity the veteran rider won't get a shot at team leadership in a major race.
Hope he stays upright, this season.

One to watch, who has featured heavily in these early season races.
Already a well known youngster.

4 Damiano Caruso (Ita) De Rosa - Stac Plastic

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Petacchi must have four or five wins already for Lampre, not a bad start. I hope Cav rides the Giro and Petacchi puts him in his place, once again.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
I think he has 3 so far... although its not been agaisnt the best competition good work from him... with lampre he should be able to push cavendish even at his best quite close( I think cavendish will still beat him if he is on good form)... shame petacchi is so old now... but with hondo i think he can get soem good results this year.. i hope he does the giro and the tour and gets wins in both. Maybe he can milan san remo again pettachi seems to climb quite well(not that msr is a mountainus course) and is still one of the fastest..

infact petacchi wining the 1st normal stage of the giro last year was very amusing...

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
I doubt Lampre will get an invite for the Tour. Only way is that if Cunego rides.

Aren't they part of that deal? Or are they not included because of the money issue they had?

I would see them getting a Wildcard ahead of some of the other teams, though on seconds thoughts Vascansoleil have the felliu bros so the French would love that, but it would be right without the pink and blue...

TRENDING THREADS