• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2010 Jerseys Thread

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
They don't. Which is why they're never used....except in a very short race. Like a time trial or a criterium. Which was the case.

Oh, I assumed they'd be using them regularly. Mind you, no-one else used them for that race.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
So does the RS kit get better or the BMC kit uglier from a distance? :D

It was the red that was hard to distinguish. RadioShack's is Red and grey which is plain ugly, the design is horrible and lance rides for them.

BMC (also known as the Red Devils:)), the red and black go well, many football teams use those colours, the design is better and cadel rides for them so it has to be great;):D

A

Anonymous

Clemson Cycling said:
how do bathroom breaks work in one of those.

I don't know about you guys, but I just pull open the bottom of one of the legs of my shorts (I hang left, so almost always that one, though I do switch it up on occasion for the left handed ladies and go out the right.) The short inseam is only about 13 inches, which leaves my junk only an inch short of being out anyway.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Is that not the one they wore at the Giro, that Cipollini helped design?
Cipollini%2BISD.jpg

Big_Blue_Dave said:
I have thought about this over the past couple of days and have come up with the following.

Favourite Pro Tour kit = Francaise des Jeux, because its simple, clean and provides a neutral easy to spot jersey.

Worst Pro Tour kit = Liquigas, now there are a few contenders here including AG2r and Milram (looking like a cow on a bike is just wrong) but I go for Liquigas as the lime green is just too harsh for me to look at any point in time.

Favourite Pro Continental/Continental kit = Cervelo Test Team in that again like the Francaise des Jeux kit its simple and elegant, plus as seen last year interchangable colours with the seasons.

Least favourite Pro Conti/Conti kit = Due to the numbers this was a really tough one to pick but overwhelmingly and considering (if i remember correctly) that they have lost their Pro Tour status it is Footon-Servetto look a little better in the peloton, somehow! However, it still looks like someone has stood in a pile of vomit with a muddy foot, and i'm afraid that is just completely off the scale in bad kit design.

They didn't lose their Pro-Tour status;)

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Big_Blue_Dave said:
I have thought about this over the past couple of days and have come up with the following.

Favourite Pro Tour kit = Francaise des Jeux, because its simple, clean and provides a neutral easy to spot jersey.

Worst Pro Tour kit = Liquigas, now there are a few contenders here including AG2r and Milram (looking like a cow on a bike is just wrong) but I go for Liquigas as the lime green is just too harsh for me to look at any point in time.

Favourite Pro Continental/Continental kit = Cervelo Test Team in that again like the Francaise des Jeux kit its simple and elegant, plus as seen last year interchangable colours with the seasons.

Least favourite Pro Conti/Conti kit = Due to the numbers this was a really tough one to pick but overwhelmingly and considering (if i remember correctly) that they have lost their Pro Tour status it is Footon-Servetto look a little better in the peloton, somehow! However, it still looks like someone has stood in a pile of vomit with a muddy foot, and i'm afraid that is just completely off the scale in bad kit design.

I agree. Same with the Euskaltel-Euskadi jersey.

Tugboat said:
Or unless you're Dave Zabriskie and someone dares you to do Paris-Tours in a skin suit and riding the Zipp 1080's.

Didn't Hinault do a mountain stage wearing a TT jersey?

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Cozy Beehive said:
Contribute away.

Here's mine. Appeared today in CN. To this, someone said on Twitter that the design brief for the kits must have been "accentuate rider's package" :p

(as a side note,they'd better not wear hydration bags on their backs lest they'll want to be seen like camels).

presskitfullteamportrai.jpg

The package zone makes them look like they all have gigantic flanges

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I think it was just Henderson and Sutton in the TT suits. Pretty sure the rest of the team was wearing normal kit.

My fave team kits: Liquigas (I usually hate that green, but the blue & green stand out clearly in the peloton and the design is simple ... the 2009 version anyway.) Cervelo and Euskaltel Euskadi for similar reasons.

And I like AG2R and Xacobeo Galicia because they're also simple designs and distinctive (although oddly I can also understand why some people mightn't like them).

I like the Saxo shorts.

Not a fan of ISD (2009 Giro version) or Columbia HTC.

IMO there are too many teams with a lot of blue or red/black/grey - it can get confusing.

And finally, I like Lotto's 2010 version better than that of the last few years.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
One thing is for sure: the shades of blue being chosen by various teams are very unattractive. Too "baby" blue-ish, too neon, etc. Way too soft. Do they mimic current color trends in euro fashion overall or is it just in cycling?

A

Anonymous

Big_Blue_Dave said:
I think it is because it stands out better in still images and on television pictures. Companies pay a lot of money to work out the best shades of a colour that will stand out for the two.

I think the Sky kit will stand out very clearly, even in black and white newspaper reports, they are the most media savvy team.. And the rider names down the sides of the kits from a media point of view is a touch of genius.. readers and passing fans will get to recognise the riders much much quicker..

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
I think the Sky kit will stand out very clearly, even in black and white newspaper reports, they are the most media savvy team.. And the rider names down the sides of the kits from a media point of view is a touch of genius.. readers and passing fans will get to recognise the riders much much quicker..

Sky's jersey the Aussie flag on it...

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Acqua e Sapone:

asbettiniphoto_0044793_1_full_download__600.jpg

As modelled by Francesco Di Paolo.

Just as well The Shack is not doing the Giro, because from the overhead helicopter shots, there would no way to tell between Radio Shack, BMC, and Acqua e Sapone.

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
Rode the twitter ride on Saturday in Adelaide and the shack gear in person looks alright. not as bad as I first thought.

Believe it or not we rode to Glenelg with the AG2R guys and there kit, yes brown ... actually looks ok in person also.

Best one so far is definately team BMC by a long way. SIMPLE and clean.

TRENDING THREADS