• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2010 Jerseys Thread

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Acqua e Sapone:

asbettiniphoto_0044793_1_full_download__600.jpg

As modelled by Francesco Di Paolo.

Just as well The Shack is not doing the Giro, because from the overhead helicopter shots, there would no way to tell between Radio Shack, BMC, and Acqua e Sapone.

why no giro for the shack. i thought popo or horner would like to have a go at leading and going for gc there.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
I like the aqua blue shoulders

Its actually 'celeste' ;) ... Only reason I'm being anal about it is that it is THE classic colour popularized by Bianchi....which is likely why it made its way to the jersey!

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Ad Rock said:
Its actually 'celeste' ;) ... Only reason I'm being anal about it is that it is THE classic colour popularized by Bianchi....which is likely why it made its way to the jersey!

Right and that is the bike they are riding.... I thought it was just the color you had a problem with.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
why no giro for the shack. i thought popo or horner would like to have a go at leading and going for gc there.

Because LL wants to make his season by winning the Tour of California, and as for Armstrong, well they didn't offer enough start money
ph34r.gif

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
So the BMC kit looks quite like the Shack kit if not looked at closely. And Big George is responsible for the design.

Looks like he got his excuse in early...

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Big_Blue_Dave said:
I think it is because it stands out better in still images and on television pictures. Companies pay a lot of money to work out the best shades of a colour that will stand out for the two.

as a designer, we try to get away from reflex blue or standard blues. If you look at cycling in general, at least 50% of kits are blue, or have blue in them. To make them stand out (sponsor has a blue logo) you use other blues.

And the next poster is exactly right, they spend lot's of money to find the right combinations.

When you are stuck with a Footon kit, well the sponsor uses those colors and you do what you are asked to do. Tho a gradient gold would have worked better visually, the photos of riders in Australia make it much more appealing in a pack.

It is all about visibility!

dimspace said:
I think the Sky kit will stand out very clearly, even in black and white newspaper reports, they are the most media savvy team.. And the rider names down the sides of the kits from a media point of view is a touch of genius.. readers and passing fans will get to recognise the riders much much quicker..

They looked rather washed out during the Crit on Sunday. Looked menacingly cool under the studio lights, not so much in public. Maybe it's different in person, but definitely a let down (stylistically speaking). Needs a little pop (for lack of a better word).

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
blaxland said:
Being from Australia can someone tell me where i can purchase the BMC team kit from?or maybe a link?

On their twitter page "@bmcproteam" i think they have a link for hincapie sports and they are taking orders for the jersey. I think you may have to get it shipped from overseas.

auscyclefan94 said:
On their twitter page "@bmcproteam" i think they have a link for hincapie sports and they are taking orders for the jersey. I think you may have to get it shipped from overseas.

Thanks auscyclefan will be ordering my kit today....
P.s How good does cadel look in his World Champion/Bmc kit?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
blaxland said:
Thanks auscyclefan will be ordering my kit today....
P.s How good does cadel look in his World Champion/Bmc kit?

Awesome, i still can believe it:), I actually saw some people on the coverage near the summit of menglers hill wearing the new bmc jersies.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
(re: Team Footon) Imagine the other riders' motivation to win their national title, capture any stage race's category leader jersey. It's sheer genius!

A totally puzzling choice of design and especially color. From the overhead camera the entire team will look naked. Truly bizarre.

How prophetic you were!

(And the back of their jersey's are BLACK. Yet another great design idea!)

podium2a_600.jpg

vallspodio_600.jpg

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
US Patent Exploding Cyclist said:
The Footen kit doesn't look nearly as bad in a race as it did during the presentation. Looking through the photos of San Luis stage 2 the color looked ok. What happened to the gold bike though?

It really doesn't. It looks more bronze than...you know, the doo doo brown color from the presentation.

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Steel4Ever said:
These "jerseys" get my resounding vote for Best of 2010:
(thanks PezCyclingNews.com!)

tdu10-dd3.jpg

going out on a limb here.........but is it just me or do a couple of these ladies need to STEP AWAY FROM THE DINNER TABLE...........:D

TRENDING THREADS