• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2010 Tour de France Podcast

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
sethelliottmeyer said:
Will there be a daily TdF podcast again in 2010? Great work on the last couple years, I hope we can expect a daily one again this July!

Did you like it?:eek:

I hated Daniel Freibe and his freinds. The just crapped on thought the podcast was all about themselves. Bring in Benson and Jones who produce a high quality and humourous podcast every week.

Daniel Benson

Administrator
Mar 2, 2009
www.cyclingnews.com
The podcast will indeed return - we'll probably kick off with one later this week, once we're all in Rotterdam. We're arriving over the next few days. Friebe, Richard Moore, Anthony Tan, myself and other more coherent and sophisticated guests will host and present them.

On a side note, thanks for the comments on the Gary Imlach podcast. It was a lot of fun to do and he had some interesting things to say. We'll hope to do more, similar podcasts after the Tour.

Thanks

Dan

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Daniel Benson said:
The podcast will indeed return - we'll probably kick off with one later this week, once we're all in Rotterdam. We're arriving over the next few days. Friebe, Richard Moore, Anthony Tan, myself and other more coherent and sophisticated guests will host and present them.

On a side note, thanks for the comments on the Gary Imlach podcast. It was a lot of fun to do and he had some interesting things to say. We'll hope to do more, similar podcasts after the Tour.

Thanks

Dan

That is good! Tan, Moore and yourself are a great team!

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Having trouble with Podcast. It says the URL ....... could not be found on the server. Can anybody help me with this? I am using an up to date version of Itunes to get it if that helps.

May 3, 2010
www.ror-zone.com
auscyclefan94 said:
Having trouble with Podcast. It says the URL ....... could not be found on the server. Can anybody help me with this? I am using an up to date version of Itunes to get it if that helps.

yep same problem just complained about it the other Podcast threads, cant even download last years tours podcasts, but all the "regular" ones are working O.K.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Won't be downloading today's podcast! Freibe and Moore are unbelievable about the way they crap on about Cav and wiggins and sky. Then the ITV one is worse with Rendall and boardman making excuses every ten seconds for Cav and wiggans failings.

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Won't be downloading today's podcast! Freibe and Moore are unbelievable about the way they crap on about Cav and wiggins and sky. Then the ITV one is worse with Rendall and boardman making excuses every ten seconds for Cav and wiggans failings.

You're probably the last person I'd expect to take a poke at someone for supporting their countrymen!

auscyclefan94 said:
I found richard moore and dan freibe's comments about BMC pretty unfair in the stage 1 podcast

Who rides for that team again? :p

But the British are the British, so you'll get that a bit, and us Aussies are largely British, so I guess we do it a bit too :D

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Greg Johnson said:
You're probably the last person I'd expect to take a poke at someone for supporting their countrymen!

Who rides for that team again? :p

But the British are the British, so you'll get that a bit, and us Aussies are largely British, so I guess we do it a bit too :D

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Yes but I am not a journalist. I am a fanboy and if I were a journalist or presenter I would give a lot less bias.

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Yes but I am not a journalist.

True.

auscyclefan94 said:
I am a fanboy and if I were a journalist or presenter I would give a lot less bias.

Not sure I entirely agree there. If you were a journalist for an Australian publication, you'd be talking a lot about Australian riders - true? If you didn't, you'd find yourself unemployed rather quickly :)

Here you have one guy who is a former competitor and writes for a major British paper and the other for a major British cycling magazine, who is also Cavendish's biographer. It's natural that they will talk about the Brits a bit more, because it's what they write about most and we're very lucky to have their insight on that area.

Perhaps you would suggest however that we balance that out with someone providing comments that provide a broader spread of the field?

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Greg Johnson said:
True.

Not sure I entirely agree there. If you were a journalist for an Australian publication, you'd be talking a lot about Australian riders - true? If you didn't, you'd find yourself unemployed rather quickly :)

Here you have one guy who is a former competitor and writes for a major British paper and the other for a major British cycling magazine, who is also Cavendish's biographer. It's natural that they will talk about the Brits a bit more, because it's what they write about most and we're very lucky to have their insight on that area.

Perhaps you would suggest however that we balance that out with someone providing comments that provide a broader spread of the field?
Cheers
Greg Johnson

Yes, but it seems to me that the people on the podcast are there to give a wide spectrum of the race and not just talk about cav or wiggins for 20 mins. That is why I listen to the CN podcast because the ITV podcast is also the Cav and wiggo show. Dan benson who is british and jeff jones who I believe to be australian give wider spectrum of the things they talk about and are not racially bias towards riders.

CN is supposed to be a main media outlet for English speaking nations to get news on Cycling. I understand that you would talk more about english speaking riders than non-english speaking riders but a broader range of topics would be much appreciated. Talking about how "BMC are not doing enough about doping" is a hypocritical comment as firstly you would have to talk about other teams and secondly they actuallu suspended riders when they were under investigation.

I would appreciate that part in bold.

TRENDING THREADS